Re: Forwarding Voipfone to Betamax?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Aug 14, 2008.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:25:10 GMT, (Jose) wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >Has anyone been able to do this? How??
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Jose

    If you are thinking of trying to forward to the SIP address of a
    Betamax company then it won't work afaik. They block the sipbroker
    access codes so I assume that they will block SIP addresses also.
    The only way I can see of forwarding would be to forward to the PSTN
    number that you may have for your Betamax account. If you don't have
    one then it is a 'no go'. If you do have one then you can use the
    voipfone services to forward to that PSTN number and pay for the
    forwarded call. An alternative would be to use Voxalot to forward the
    calls via another provider but I am not sure how well voipfone works
    with voxalot.
    My advice would be to forget about forwarding to Betamax and use a
    different company for incoming calls. Preferably one that allows
    Sipbroker access. Check here:
    http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/providerWhitePages
    I use Voxalot for interfacing my incoming and outgoing calls via
    various providers. Sipbroker access is automatic, just preface the
    Sipbroker number with a '*', and route as normal through Voxalot.
    So, for example, you could use Voiptalk.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    ---
    Brian A, Aug 14, 2008