Re: forte agent 1.93

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "bobgal" <> wrote in message
    news:bfh6ur$kn0$...
    > I'm new to this so please bear with me-I have downloaded forte agent 1.93
    > with a view to installing. I am currently using outlook express and am
    > having headaches trying to keep tabs on the bulk of newsgroup messages.

    Will
    > forte agent be of benefit to me-or will it just complicate things? As I

    say
    > I'm just learning-complete novice-so any/all constructive advice
    > appreciated. Tryin to keep to the RULES

    Agent is infinitely better than OE, however, I'm having a hell of a time
    configuring
    it to work on Bellsouth.net
    Guest, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Guest

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:41:00 -0400, in
    <KlWSa.491$2.webusenet.com>
    <> scrawled:

    >"bobgal" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm new to this so please bear with me-I have downloaded
    >> forte agent 1.93 with a view to installing.

    <snip>

    >Agent is infinitely better than OE, however, I'm having a
    >hell of a time configuring it to work on Bellsouth.net

    Why?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    > >Agent is infinitely better than OE, however, I'm having a
    > >hell of a time configuring it to work on Bellsouth.net

    > Why?

    Finally after trying every combination I could dream up...success.

    Basically hampered by Bellsouth's attitude that "We don't support Agent."
    Guest, Jul 22, 2003
  4. On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:25:28 -0400, <> ripped off
    his/her clothing and screamed to the world:

    <****BOGGLE****>

    --
    Phin, damn you, will you e-mail me?
    Vince

    to me in teh 24hrsupport.helpdesk noosfroop.
    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Jul 23, 2003
  5. On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:53:26 -0700, "Gary G. Taylor"
    <> ripped off his/her clothing and screamed
    to the world:

    >Phineas P. Hornswaggle wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:25:28 -0400, <> ripped off
    >> his/her clothing and screamed to the world:

    >>>Finally after trying every combination I could dream up...success.
    >>>
    >>>Basically hampered by Bellsouth's attitude that "We don't support Agent."
    >>>

    >> <****BOGGLE****>
    >>

    >I'll see that <****BOGGLE****> and raise you another <****BOGGLE****>.
    >
    >How could they NOT support what is probably the most widely-used news client
    >after Outhouse?!

    Besides which, it is not a matter of the ISP supporting or not
    supporting any mail client, as long as the client uses standard STMP
    and NNTP the mail and news servers will accept the information and
    pass it on.

    Methinks the d00d means that their 1st level support staff know
    nothing about configuring AGENT on *his* machine for him.

    Still, a double <****BOGGLE****> is definitely called for.

    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Jul 23, 2003