Re: forte agent 1.93

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ron Martell, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Ron Martell

    Ron Martell Guest

    "bobgal" <> wrote:

    >I'm new to this so please bear with me-I have downloaded forte agent 1.93
    >with a view to installing. I am currently using outlook express and am
    >having headaches trying to keep tabs on the bulk of newsgroup messages. Will
    >forte agent be of benefit to me-or will it just complicate things? As I say
    >I'm just learning-complete novice-so any/all constructive advice
    >appreciated. Tryin to keep to the RULES

    Forte Agent is a genuine newsreader, not a half-assed kludge like
    Outlook Express.

    The one major drawback to Agent is that you cannot easily configure it
    to work with more than one news server.

    There is a bit of a learning curve, as there is with any new piece of
    software, and it does do a number of things quite a bit differently
    than Outlook Express.

    As you get into using it you will undoubtedly come up with specific
    questions and/or problems. Post those to this newsgroup. There are
    many people here who are very familiar with Agent.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Ron Martell

    bobgal Guest

    "Ron Martell" <> wrote in message
    > "bobgal" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I'm new to this so please bear with me-I have downloaded forte agent 1.93
    > >with a view to installing. I am currently using outlook express and am
    > >having headaches trying to keep tabs on the bulk of newsgroup messages.

    Will
    > >forte agent be of benefit to me-or will it just complicate things? As I

    say
    > >I'm just learning-complete novice-so any/all constructive advice
    > >appreciated. Tryin to keep to the RULES
    > >

    > Forte Agent is a genuine newsreader, not a half-assed kludge like
    > Outlook Express.
    >
    > The one major drawback to Agent is that you cannot easily configure it
    > to work with more than one news server.
    >
    > There is a bit of a learning curve, as there is with any new piece of
    > software, and it does do a number of things quite a bit differently
    > than Outlook Express.
    >
    > As you get into using it you will undoubtedly come up with specific
    > questions and/or problems. Post those to this newsgroup. There are
    > many people here who are very familiar with Agent.
    >
    > Good luck

    Thanks for that. I'll "install and be damned"
    bobgal, Jul 21, 2003