Re: forms and classes

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Kline Sphere, Sep 27, 2003.

  1. Kline Sphere

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >That is what makes VB .NET so much better than VB6.
    >Because the form is a class,

    True visual basic 6 does not support oo constructs, but then what do
    you expect from a [relatively] poor development tool?

    However, In VB6 a form is treated [loosely] as a class. A form defines
    state, behavior and an interface through which clients can manipulate
    state and behavior of individual instances.

    > you have much more control
    >over it and can use visual inheritance.

    Why visual basic as microsoft [failing] flag ship was never made into
    to true oo compatible tool [until dot not], is quite beyond me. Had it
    had been microsoft who release released Delphi back in 93/94, visual
    basic would have dead there and then.

    >Everything is VB .NET is a class.

    A module is not.
    Kline Sphere, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Kline Sphere

    Simon Smith Guest

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:36:09 +0100 in article
    <> in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd , Kline Sphere <™> wrote:

    >>That is what makes VB .NET so much better than VB6.
    >>Because the form is a class,

    >True visual basic 6 does not support oo constructs, but then what do
    >you expect from a [relatively] poor development tool?

    Well, it does. Just not implementation inheritance.

    >However, In VB6 a form is treated [loosely] as a class. A form defines
    >state, behavior and an interface through which clients can manipulate
    >state and behavior of individual instances.

    Yep.

    >> you have much more control
    >>over it and can use visual inheritance.

    >Why visual basic as microsoft [failing] flag ship was never made into
    >to true oo compatible tool [until dot not], is quite beyond me. Had it
    >had been microsoft who release released Delphi back in 93/94, visual
    >basic would have dead there and then.

    Our world would have been different for sure.....

    >>Everything is VB .NET is a class.

    >A module is not.

    It compiles to a class with only static methods.
    --
    Simon
    simon dot smith at snowvalley dot com
    Simon Smith, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Kline Sphere

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >>>Everything is VB .NET is a class.
    >>
    >>A module is not.

    >It compiles to a class with only static methods.

    Another cludge...
    Kline Sphere, Sep 30, 2003