Re: Formatting my hard drive

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by peterwn, Oct 30, 2008.

  1. peterwn

    peterwn Guest

    On Oct 30, 4:37 pm, "apolitical" <> wrote:
    > Can somebody tell me how I can learn to reformat my hard drive in
    > my PC?
    > I have updated my OS to Vista to make all programmes compatable
    > with my laptop which has Vista.
    > AVG and defender now do not work on my PC.
    >
    > I think there is something in my system blocking them and want to
    > clean out my hard drive and start again
    >
    > I have no other anti virus programme running

    Before formatting the drive, what are you going to load from scratch
    and do you have the appropriate CD's, DVD's etc. You of course cannot
    format the partition containing the operating system you are currently
    running. The CD / DVD containing your proposed operating system should
    be able to do a format as a prelude to installation.

    peterwn, Oct 30, 2008