    I remember re-installing an old system some years ago that wouldn't
    recognise the tv card unless I removed it and installed it again.

    Cheers Steve

    rednose, Oct 14, 2003

  2. rednose

    Brian H¹© Guest

    rednose said:

    > I'm about to Re-Format and Re-Install my system using the supplied
    > recovery disks.
    > Since buying the PC I've added...
    > A firewire card(which I can't find a driver disk for)
    > A TV card and a
    > A USB2 card
    > Do I have to remove them before a re-instal or can they be left in?
    > I remember re-installing an old system some years ago that wouldn't
    > recognise the tv card unless I removed it and installed it again.
    >
    > Cheers Steve

    Read the instructions manuals that came with the cards.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003

  3. rednose

    lee Guest

    You can leave the PCI cards in but If your OS is not detecting them
    then you will not get any joy after a Recovery

    Windows XP will sort out the USB2 And Firewire after Installing the
    latest service packs

    lee, Oct 14, 2003
  4. rednose

    rednose Guest

    I'm using Windows ME
    Steve

    rednose, Oct 14, 2003
  5. rednose

    Harrison Guest

    We seem to have found the root of the problems :)

    Harrison, Oct 14, 2003