Re: Format Hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by bambam, Sep 25, 2004.

  1. bambam

    bambam Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:18:45 +0800, Sunny wrote:

    > I have Windows XP SP1, and i want to format the hard drive, but I have never
    > done so...can anyone suggest how to do it?

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

    The above link is the first of 5,230,000 hits on google after typing "how
    to format a hard drive" (minus quotes)-

    www.google.com

    Try it you'll like it. :)
    bambam, Sep 25, 2004

  2. bambam

    Bradley26 Guest

    get the utility floppy disk from the manufacturer of your hard drive.

    restart the computer and make sure you boot from floppy

    use the advanced settings, do the diagnostics and the thing where it writes
    all 0's

    after thats done, insert the Microsoft Windows CD and boot from that, it
    will handle formatting for you.

    Bradley26, Sep 28, 2004