Re: format drive

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Jul 27, 2008.

  1. You are trying to format the same drive that you are booted to.

    You have to get a different drive to boot to, and connect this drive as a
    slave, then you can format it. Once you format it as a slave, you can revert
    it to a master and load the new OS onto it.

    You could boot to the XP Installation CD, then format the drive as a
    function of the installation process.

    You are going to loose the contents of this drive.

    Jeff Strickland, Jul 27, 2008