Re: for newsgroups, mozilla thunderbird 3 is now worth EXACTLY what I paid for it

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by IMBJR, May 5, 2010.

  1. IMBJR

    IMBJR Guest

    On Wed, 05 May 2010 14:52:34 -0400, just john
    <> wrote:

    > Each reply to a killfiled message starts a new
    >thread, as far as the software's concerned.

    It is possible that those ppl's msgs you have not killfiled are not
    reporting their replied-to msg ids correctly. If a replyer only
    reports the id of the message they reply to, you will indeed get what
    look like new threads agrowing. However, when I was scripting my reply
    bot I rarely ever saw that happen. When someone replies deep into a
    thread, usually a very long list of msg ids is preserved with the msg.

    ---------
    BURP

    IMBJR, May 5, 2010