Re: FoIP functionality on FritzBox 7170

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Philippe Deleye, Sep 2, 2008.

  1. "xylophone" <> schreef in bericht

    > Good afternoon all,
    >
    > I read with some interest (translated from German) about forthcoming
    > functionality for Fritz 7170 box. In particular: answering machine
    > function, native send/receive fax function (this latter without
    > dependency on PC)
    >
    > Frustratingly, the software doesn't appear to be released for Annex A
    > (UK) nor in English.
    >
    > Is there any certain information about when these functions will be
    > released for UK model, and to confirm that the functions actually
    > exist!?

    Those functions all exist on the german version
    I have up to 5 anwering machines.
    Each of them can be attached to one of more lines (analoge fixed line, ISDN
    MSNs or VOIP lines)
    Calls are stored on a USB stick (or hardrive) that is connceted to the
    FritzBox, and for each ansering machine you can forward the received
    messages (as voice file attachments) to a different e-mail address. The
    subjectline of the e-mail contains the calling number (or name)
    really very usefull

    The fax function already existed on previous versions, but has now been
    extpanded to include fax receiving on analogue lines (with a built-in
    fax-switch). Sending faxes from your PC via the FritzBox is already possible

    Another usefull tool is the TAPI function: from the Outlook adress book
    (contacts list) you can dial a number: the FritzBox calls the other party,
    and then rings your extension to conncet you

    no idea when all this will be released in the international version

    Philippe Deleye, Sep 2, 2008

  2. Philippe Deleye

    bob garbutt Guest

    Philippe Deleye wrote:
    > "xylophone" <> schreef in bericht
    >> Good afternoon all,
    >>
    >> I read with some interest (translated from German) about forthcoming
    >> functionality for Fritz 7170 box. In particular: answering machine
    >> function, native send/receive fax function (this latter without
    >> dependency on PC)
    >>
    >> Frustratingly, the software doesn't appear to be released for Annex A
    >> (UK) nor in English.
    >>
    >> Is there any certain information about when these functions will be
    >> released for UK model, and to confirm that the functions actually
    >> exist!?

    > Those functions all exist on the german version
    > I have up to 5 anwering machines.
    > Each of them can be attached to one of more lines (analoge fixed line, ISDN
    > MSNs or VOIP lines)
    > Calls are stored on a USB stick (or hardrive) that is connceted to the
    > FritzBox, and for each ansering machine you can forward the received
    > messages (as voice file attachments) to a different e-mail address. The
    > subjectline of the e-mail contains the calling number (or name)
    > really very usefull
    >
    > The fax function already existed on previous versions, but has now been
    > extpanded to include fax receiving on analogue lines (with a built-in
    > fax-switch). Sending faxes from your PC via the FritzBox is already possible
    >
    > Another usefull tool is the TAPI function: from the Outlook adress book
    > (contacts list) you can dial a number: the FritzBox calls the other party,
    > and then rings your extension to conncet you
    >
    > no idea when all this will be released in the international version

    will this be available on the fritzbox fone ata

    bob garbutt, Sep 3, 2008

  3. "bob garbutt" <> wrote in message
    > will this be available on the fritzbox fone ata

    No idea, but I don't think so
    All these new features are only available on the newer Boxes (7170, 7270)
    I guess this is linked to hardware (the newer boxes may have faster
    processors, more memeory etc .. which is needed for these extra features)

    Ph

    Philippe Deleye, Sep 4, 2008