Re: Floppy Problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:44:09 GMT, "smackedass"
    <> wrote:

    >Well, my thanks again to all, my own "duh", I now don't believe that it's a
    >power supply problem, rather a floppy controller problem, 'cuz the LIGHTS TO
    >THE FLOPPY (duh) ARE SOLID GREEN. Yes, it still may be a PS problem, but as
    >pointed out to me by AG, the floppy drive is getting (continuous?) power.
    >Tried the cable both ways, and the floppy drive can't read.
    >
    >Customer seems to not be wholly concerned that the floppy drive doesn't
    >work, the good news.

    Interesting...I guess that's why Dell computers have floppies as an
    add-on option. Perrsonally, I still use them occasionally.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Tom MacIntyre

    Captain Lon Guest

    I had a problem with sound on an Emachine once, drivers did not help. Put
    in a PCI sound card and move on. That is what I am doing from now on. It
    is faster and cheaper if you can't diagnose or repair problem quickly.

    PS. Changing my moniker from Lonny B to Captain Lon

    --
    Captain Lon

    "Rock stars! Is there anything they don't know?" Homer Simpson

    Captain Lon, Apr 10, 2005