Re: Floppy disk drive problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Miggsee, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest

    Make sure it's enabled in the BIOS.

    "Robert Coaster" <> wrote in message
    BlankCan anyone help me all of a sudden my floppy disk drive doesn't appear
    under the my computer folder or when i click on run off the start button

    --

    Take care,
    Robert Coaster

    My Personal Website:
    http://www.robertcoaster.com

    My Home Business:
    http://www.automatesuccess.com

    ---

    Miggsee, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Miggsee

    steve Guest

    Is there an option to enable FDD int he BIOS?

    Have you recently messed around the inside of your tower/desktop case? If
    you have, make sure that you have not accidently disconnected the FDD
    power/data cable.

    In the BIOS, set boot from 1st FDD, stick a FD in the FDD, and see if the
    computer boots from the disk, if it does, then its something else, if it
    doesn't then your FDD is gone.

    steve, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Miggsee

    Miggsee Guest