Re: FlickR pics go bad.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pete, Feb 20, 2007.

  1. pete

    pete Guest

    pete, Feb 20, 2007

  2. pete

    pete Guest

    On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:18:42 +0000, pete <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 05:52:32 +0000, pete <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 02:53:18 +0000, pete <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>This is a screen shot of Flickrs version of events.
    >>>http://farm1.static.flickr.com/174/396099798_0899608601_o.jpg
    >>>Without knowing it I have had other peoples pics showing on my site. I
    >>>have deleted about 50. Many were not controversal but a few were porn.
    >>>My computers are being examined by the cops. What happens if they find
    >>>KP on my website that I knew nothing about? Many other have been
    >>>affected and if you have a Flickr account I suggest you check it
    >>>PDQ:-(

    >>Oh boy there is going to be some big payouts here. One FlickR customer
    >>maintains a site for his business and it has been infested with porn.
    >>For all intents it looks as if he has a secret stash of porn and he is
    >>raving. FlickR has now shut down while they sort the problem out. I
    >>thought the cops were setting me up originally until after about an
    >>hour of deleting stuff and losing I decided to ask FlickR/Yahoo for
    >>help and then I saw thousands of other people having the same problem.

    Thousands of people getting porn sent to their sites;
    http://flickr.com/forums/help/33657/#reply172289
    Even the mighty Yahoo cannot stand the claims arising from this.
    People are losing their lively hoods.

    pete, Feb 20, 2007