Re: Flickering screen + crazy cursor?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by eugene, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. eugene

    eugene Guest

    For some reason or other, my MS help page won't let me set a restore point!

    --
    I'm a failed Christian and if I'm goin' to Hell
    There's one thing for sure, you're gonna be there as well!

    ( Henry McCullough)
    "Shep©" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:44:13 +0100, In this world we created "eugene"
    > <> wrote :
    >
    > >My son was on-line the other night and the only thing I know he

    downloaded
    > >was a screensaver. However, since then Ive been experiencing seriously
    > >irritating problems. When I start up, my screen flickers for about 15

    mins
    > >or so and my cursor jumps all over the screen. I keep getng disconnected

    and
    > >now, tonight, as I write this, I hear a crackle occasionally which

    signifies
    > >some sort of outage as whatever I was writing has missed letters (as in
    > >getting in the above line). I suspected a virus but did an update and
    > >complete scan using AVG 6.0 yet nothing showed up. Every time I perform

    an
    > >action, should it be to close a page or even minimise one, and especially
    > >when I save something, everything freezes for up to a minute and there is

    no
    > >response from my mouse or any key. This is seriously annoying as I'm sure
    > >you can imagine. The only other noticeable fault is that my clock has

    gone a

    eugene, Jul 24, 2003