Re: Flickering screen + crazy cursor?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jeffrey Edwards, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. It sounds like your power supply is going out in your pc.
    Try to determine the source of the noise. If you smell anything burning,
    turn the pc off.....that is if its not food or anything of that nature. :0)

    Be sure that you have the latest DAT files for your antivirus software. You
    can go to the companies website and check for virus updates or the software
    may also have an automatic update feature built into it.

    Hope it helps!

    --
    Jeffrey Edwards
    CNE5,CDE,MCP2k,CCA1.8
    "eugene" <> wrote in message
    > My son was on-line the other night and the only thing I know he downloaded
    > was a screensaver. However, since then Ive been experiencing seriously
    > irritating problems. When I start up, my screen flickers for about 15 mins
    > or so and my cursor jumps all over the screen. I keep getng disconnected

    and
    > now, tonight, as I write this, I hear a crackle occasionally which

    signifies
    > some sort of outage as whatever I was writing has missed letters (as in
    > getting in the above line). I suspected a virus but did an update and
    > complete scan using AVG 6.0 yet nothing showed up. Every time I perform an
    > action, should it be to close a page or even minimise one, and especially
    > when I save something, everything freezes for up to a minute and there is

    no

    Jeffrey Edwards, Jul 24, 2003