Re: flatbed scanner advice

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fred McKenzie, Nov 30, 2012.

  1. In article <V5Sts.91266$>,
    "Michael D. Berger" <> wrote:

    > I need a scanner primarily for old photos, but also for general
    > paperwork. I am thinking of an Epson 700. Any suggestions?

    Mike-

    I think the Epson or any of the other suggestions will probably meet
    your needs. If you need to scan film, some flatbed scanners may work
    for you, but a film scanner will probably do a better job.

    I have an old Acer flatbed scanner that does not have drivers available
    for newer systems. VueScan works with it.

    I also use VueScan with a CanoScan LIDE 200. It gets its power from the
    computer's USB bus. I use it with a laptop computer, which is very
    handy at a reunion.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Nov 30, 2012