Re: FireFTP problem

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by MasterBlaster, May 22, 2010.

  1. "AriesVal" wrote:

    > Hopefully someone in here can advise me.
    >
    > I have FireFTP installed in my Firefox Browser addons list and used it many
    > many times in the past to upload stuff to my webspace, but for some unknown
    > reason I cannot see or access the link now via the Tools tab although it is
    > still in my list of addons.

    Sounds like you somehow "disabled" your installation.

    Normally, the add-ons list will have 3 buttons... Options - Disable - Uninstall

    If that's what you see, click Disable, close Firefox, re-open, pick Enable,
    close, re-open, and it should be back.

    If you already have an Enable button, click it, close, and re-open.

    (Just to make sure, I tried the above on my machine, and the drop-down link
    appears/disappears as expected, leaving the add-ons entry intact)

    If all that fails, try the usual fix for everything... uninstall and reinstall FireFTP :)
    MasterBlaster, May 22, 2010

  2. MasterBlaster

    AriesVal Guest

    On Sat, 22 May 2010 19:35:20 +0100, AriesVal wrote:

    > On Sat, 22 May 2010 04:01:25 GMT, MasterBlaster wrote:
    >
    >> Sounds like you somehow "disabled" your installation.
    >>
    >> Normally, the add-ons list will have 3 buttons... Options - Disable - Uninstall
    >>
    >> If that's what you see, click Disable, close Firefox, re-open, pick Enable,
    >> close, re-open, and it should be back.
    >>
    >> If you already have an Enable button, click it, close, and re-open.
    >>
    >> (Just to make sure, I tried the above on my machine, and the drop-down link
    >> appears/disappears as expected, leaving the add-ons entry intact)
    >>
    >> If all that fails, try the usual fix for everything... uninstall and reinstall FireFTP :)

    > Thanks for replying, I'll try all of those things and see what happens.
    > Much appreciated.

    Just to let you know that I tried all that but nothing worked. I cannot
    even uninstall Firefox although I've used a pukka uninstaller.

    --
    Two people can look at the exact same thing
    and see something totally different.
    AriesVal, May 22, 2010