Re: Firefox profiles..

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Rod, Apr 6, 2009.

  1. Rod

    Rod Guest

    On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 20:32:33 +0100, wrote:

    > If you are using Win XP the profiles are stored in:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
    >
    > I can't see anyway under tools>options but is it posiible to run FF
    > with the profile in a different location?
    >
    > Any help appreciated.

    Open FF with the profile manager. Start/Run/"firefox.exe -p"
    Create a new profile, and when you name it, click on the box below to
    "Choose Folder"
    I keep my profile on another partition, and can copy it to a new install or
    to another computer. Good idea to get it off your main partition so that if
    your operating system goes south, you still have your profile.
    Rod, Apr 6, 2009

  2. Rod

    nimd4

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2009
    Messages:
    20
    Location:
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Might as well use the -no-remote parameter, too ( lifehacker.com/software/firefox/geek-to-live--manage-multiple-firefox-profiles-231646.php ); As to allow multiple instances/versions/Firefox Profiles at the same time. Then, the actual shortcut to launch the browser will look like this:
    Code:
    \path\to\firefox.exe -P SOMEFIREFOXPROFILE -no-remote
    Firefox Profiles, How to find your profile - support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

    Also the Enviromental Variable from above,
    Code:
    %APPDATA%
    used to navigate around the Windows Operating System via shortcut(s), is one of many; Check it out @ vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/environment.htm
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009