Re: firefox munted

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Ralph Fox, Jul 12, 2008.

  1. Ralph Fox

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:19:36 +1200, in message <4878069d$>,
    gimp wrote:

    > i'm having major problems with the latest firefox (2.0.0.15), basically
    > half the pages i view reload after 2 or 3 seconds, and if i switch tabs
    > and come back to that tab they'll reload again.

    Have you tried running Firefox in Firefox's "Safe Mode",
    to see whether this still happens?

    > needless to say this is
    > fricken annoying and makes firefox unusable. IE is not doing it.... i
    > don't want to go back to IE but....

    It might be one of your Firefox extensions doing this.
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

    > i'm using X64, i have the latest AVG anti-virus + firewall, could this
    > be doing it...? if so how come it doesn't affect IE...?

    Can you post some links to pages which reload after 2 or 3 seconds.
    I haven't seen this, but maybe I don't visit the same types of pages as you :)

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Jul 12, 2008

  2. Ralph Fox

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:35:33 +1200, in message <487888e9$>,
    gimp wrote:

    > FIXED :)

    Good to hear.

    > it was the mother f***in skype extension for firefox lol.

    I wondered whether that might be the one.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Jul 13, 2008

  3. In message <>, Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:35:33 +1200, in message <487888e9$>,
    > gimp wrote:
    >
    >> it was the mother f***in skype extension for firefox lol.

    > I wondered whether that might be the one.
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

    Typical bloody closed-source crap.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 14, 2008