Re: firefox munted

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Jul 12, 2008.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "gimp" typed:
    > i'm having major problems with the latest firefox (2.0.0.15),

    The latest Firefox is 3.0.

    > basically half the pages i view reload after 2 or 3 seconds, and if i
    > switch tabs and come back to that tab they'll reload again. needless
    > to say this is fricken annoying and makes firefox unusable. IE is
    > not doing it.... i don't want to go back to IE but....
    >
    > i'm using X64, i have the latest AVG anti-virus + firewall, could this
    > be doing it...? if so how come it doesn't affect IE...?
    >
    > any info apprec.

    Other than the above none, sorry.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 12, 2008

  2. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarweb "gimp" typed:
    >> i'm having major problems with the latest firefox (2.0.0.15),

    > The latest Firefox is 3.0.
    >
    >> basically half the pages i view reload after 2 or 3 seconds, and if i
    >> switch tabs and come back to that tab they'll reload again. needless
    >> to say this is fricken annoying and makes firefox unusable. IE is
    >> not doing it.... i don't want to go back to IE but....
    >>
    >> i'm using X64, i have the latest AVG anti-virus + firewall, could this
    >> be doing it...? if so how come it doesn't affect IE...?
    >>
    >> any info apprec.

    > Other than the above none, sorry.

    Mine wanted the upgrade to 2.0.0.15 and its not doing it, also on a x64
    system. My windows xp machines are also not doing this so I think its
    just you...
    Richard, Jul 12, 2008

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Richard" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarweb "gimp" typed:
    >>> i'm having major problems with the latest firefox (2.0.0.15),

    >> The latest Firefox is 3.0.
    >>
    >>> basically half the pages i view reload after 2 or 3 seconds, and if
    >>> i switch tabs and come back to that tab they'll reload again. needless
    >>> to say this is fricken annoying and makes firefox
    >>> unusable. IE is not doing it.... i don't want to go back to IE
    >>> but.... i'm using X64, i have the latest AVG anti-virus + firewall,
    >>> could
    >>> this be doing it...? if so how come it doesn't affect IE...?
    >>>
    >>> any info apprec.

    >> Other than the above none, sorry.

    > Mine wanted the upgrade to 2.0.0.15 and its not doing it, also on a
    > x64 system. My windows xp machines are also not doing this so I think
    > its just you...

    I didn't wait for an auto update, I downloaded Firefox 3 the day it was
    released last month. I much prefer it to 2.x.x.x
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 12, 2008
  4. ~misfit~