Re: Firefox has stopped working

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 4, 2009.

  1. Tony Lawton wrote:
    > I have just installed Firefox 3.06 on a new machine running Vista. Every
    > time I click on a link in the browser it crashes with the message
    > 'Firefox has stopped working'. Does anyone know why and what I can do to
    > correct this. It was working perfectly in XP on the old machine.

    does this happen on all links, or just a few? If a few,
    could you post a link or two? Thanks

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 4, 2009

  2. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

    Frank Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Tony Lawton wrote:
    >> I have just installed Firefox 3.06 on a new machine running Vista.
    >> Every time I click on a link in the browser it crashes with the
    >> message 'Firefox has stopped working'. Does anyone know why and what I
    >> can do to correct this. It was working perfectly in XP on the old
    >> machine.

    > does this happen on all links, or just a few? If a few, could you post a
    > link or two? Thanks

    My wife's been complaining that every now and then hers crashes when
    she's in her Comcast email. It will restart OK but she may lose a
    message she was working on. Haven't paid too much attention to it as
    she is on son's borrowed computer while he fixes hers.

    Frank, Feb 5, 2009