Re: FIREFOX CRASHES

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Feb 14, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    sugaree wrote:
    > New to Firefox. Running Win XP SP 2. Firefox
    > crashes every time I change from one page to
    > another, for example, from Yahoo mail, to Gmail,

    Which v. Fx?
    ..
    > I've read about it

    What did you read? This old page
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=365156 Troubleshooting
    Firefox Crashes

    .... this newer kb page http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes
    Firefox crashes

    > but I can't pin down why its
    > happeneing and what I should do. Can you help
    > direct me to a reason and/or solutioon? Thanks

    Those pages refer to known issues with plugins and extensions, malware,
    and also to a diagnostic page..

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_(Firefox) Standard
    diagnostic - Firefox

    You forgot to report your v. Fx or whether you had followed the
    troubleshooting on those above pages.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 14, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    sugaree wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    > Version 3.0., I'm sorry, I don't understand
    > anything you're telling me.

    Go to the pages I posted links and read them.

    Your newsreader is OE Outlook Express. While you are reading my earlier
    message, if you click the link, some browser, either Internet Explorer
    or Google Chrome or Firefox will open the page so that you can read it.

    If Fx tries to open the link but crashes, then open some other browser
    and paste the link into the addressline and Enter.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 14, 2010

  3. Mike Easter

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-02-14, sugaree <sugaree@justdonttellthemyouknowme> wrote:

    > "Evan Platt" <>
    > wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:08:32 -0800, "sugaree"
    >> <sugaree@justdonttellthemyouknowme> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Version 3.0.,

    >> 3.0? I'd suggest you upgrade. FireFox is on
    >> version 3.7. 3.0 is nearly
    >> 3 years old.
    >>
    >>>I'm sorry, I don't understand
    >>>anything you're telling me. I just chgd to FF
    >>>because Of Google shutting down,

    >> I'm a tad confused. Google hasn't shut down.

    > Sorry, I meant it will change to Google Chrome

    "Google Chrome" is a web browser (that is, it tries to do the same job as
    Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, and so on). Google isn't changing name
    or going anywhere.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Feb 14, 2010
  4. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    sugaree wrote:
    > "Mike Easter

    >> Go to the pages I posted links and read them.

    > Same problem--I don't understand.As an example, I
    > don't even know the words plug-in

    The second link I posted^1 says these words:

    "Plugins are programs that work within Firefox and allow you to
    experience multimedia content such as video, animation or sound. Plugins
    can crash within their own code or can cause a crash within Firefox code."

    ^1 http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_crashes

    > Here's my last
    > question:

    Oh no! Not your last question! :)

    > how would you advise a person who is
    > brand new to computers, specifically Firefox, to
    > learn a language that is totally foreign to them ?
    > I appreciate your time, thank you again

    I guess I would recommend the wikipedia, newsgroups, and perhaps some
    web forums.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 14, 2010