Re: Firefox Bookmark problem?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 31, 2009.

  1. cavelamb wrote:
    > Is this the right place to ask about this thing?

    yes

    > Creating a new bookmark seems to also be renaming one of the bookmarks on
    > my bookmark toolbar...

    what!? What are you talking about? Need more
    information about what your problem is and what you're
    trying to do.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 31, 2009

  2. cavelamb wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5)
    > Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
    >
    > Add-Ons Flashblock, Java Quick Start, NoScript, Searchpreview, and
    > smooth wheel.
    >

    > Bookmark/Bookmark this page/choose/new folder
    >
    > It did all that correctly, but seems to have renamed my last folder on the
    > toolbar (was search engines, and still had correct contents, but was named
    > the same as the new folder created)
    >
    > I've seen this happen twice now.
    > Will pay more attention and see if I can figure out when it happens.
    >
    > Just wondering if anyone else had seen it - or if I was hallucinating!?
    >
    > Richard

    this is the first I've heard of your type of problem,
    so start FF in safe mode and see if the problem
    continues. Running FF in safe mode disables all the
    addons and themes. If the problem doesn't continue,
    then you know its either an addon or theme. If the
    problem continues, then we sort of know where to go
    from there.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 31, 2009