Re: Firefox Blog video problem

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Roland de Ruiter, Jun 22, 2008.

  1. On 21-6-2008 5:23, Perk wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a very strange problem.
    >
    > 1. My daughter, who lives in Sweden maintains a blog for her daughter.
    > She posts pictures on it, as well as video clips.
    > See http://www.oliviapolivia.blogspot.com/
    >
    > 2.The Problem - the video clips now only run for a second (or less) in
    > my current version of Firefox. They seem to buffer alright but just stop
    > about a second into the video. You CAN grab the slider and sort of move
    > it along but it will not restart. I tried F/F3 with the same result).
    >
    > 3. If I use my Portable Firefox (jump drive) or (heaven forbid) I/E they
    > work fine.
    >
    > 4. What's even more strange, I just discovered that the older, archived,
    > clips seem to work fine.
    >
    > 5. If I right click on a video the box comes up that allows for
    > "Settings" and "About Adobe Flash Player 9"
    >
    > 6. WHA HOPPEN ???
    >
    > 7. I did try clearing the cache but with no success.
    >
    > Thanks much, Perk :)>)

    No solution, but I've noticed the same with flash video player in FF3
    (eg. when viewing videos from YouTube). Quite inconsistently: sometimes
    a video which doesn't play right at one moment, may play perfectly in a
    new tab a few seconds later...

    [A few times it also happened in FF2, IIRC, with a previous version of
    the Flash player plugin. The video got really stuck; dragging the slider
    didn't help, neither restarting FF, only logging off (or was it
    rebooting?).]
    --
    Regards,

    Roland