Re: Firefox and Facebook

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by mrzac, Feb 7, 2009.

  1. mrzac

    mrzac Guest

    mrzac wrote:
    > Hi guys, very often Firefox 2.0.0.x freezes for some minutes and it
    > happens always with the same sites like Facebook and some other, with
    > the most part of the sites it doesn't happen. When it freezes it's
    > like all the sites I want to visit aren't available (Firefox says
    > it's awaiting response from the site) and I cannot browse the web
    > with Firefox until the problem is solved. Ping via console work and
    > also MS Internet Explorer. If I restart firefox the problem goes
    > away.
    >
    > Is this a problem of my Firefox installation or it happens also to
    > many other people (so the problem could be on the source code of
    > those internet sites)?
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.17 under Windows XP Sp3 on a Asus A7V with
    > AMD Thunderbird 800 mhz and 512MB RAM.

    This problem happens also with other internet sites that take long to
    render correctly.
    I've found a possible solution to the problem: switching to "work
    offline" and then restoring firefox to work online resumes the
    trashed and then restored or recovered.
    mrzac, Feb 7, 2009