Re: Firefox always comes up after login and reboot

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Unruh, Dec 22, 2008.

  1. Unruh

    Unruh Guest

    Keith Lee <> writes:

    >All:
    > I have Mandriva Linux 2009 with KDE 3.5 and Firefox 3.0.1. After
    >every reboot and login, Firefox pops up. I have looked in the .kde/Autostart
    >directory and found nothing. I always remember to make sure that Firefox
    >has closed properly before I log out. Can anyone help me stop this problem?

    How do you log out?
    right click on the desktop background. Select
    Log Out "whatever_your_name_is"
    This will remember the session as it exists at that point.
    At least that how it is in 2008.1 and earlier.

    Unruh, Dec 22, 2008

  2. Unruh

    wayne Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 07:32:13 +0000, James Kerr wrote:

    > Unruh wrote:
    >
    >> Keith Lee <> writes:
    >>
    >>>All:
    >>> I have Mandriva Linux 2009 with KDE 3.5 and Firefox 3.0.1. After
    >>>every reboot and login, Firefox pops up. I have looked in the
    >>>.kde/Autostart
    >>>directory and found nothing. I always remember to make sure that
    >>>Firefox
    >>>has closed properly before I log out. Can anyone help me stop this
    >>>problem?

    >> How do you log out?
    >> right click on the desktop background. Select Log Out
    >> "whatever_your_name_is"
    >> This will remember the session as it exists at that point. At least
    >> that how it is in 2008.1 and earlier.
    >>

    > kcontrol/KDE components/Session Manager "Start with an empty session"
    >
    > Jim

    You could try killing all instances of firefox and then "save session".

    -- Wayne.

    wayne, Dec 22, 2008