Re: Firefox 3 (on upgrade) does not open files ...

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Rom, Mar 12, 2009.

  1. Rom

    Rom Guest

    On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:48:13 -0400, wrote:

    > I got upgraded to Firefox 3.0.7 and now I cannot open attachments
    > from within Firefox. It fails with an error message
    >
    > "C:\DOCUME~1\surendar\LOCALS~1\Temp\Dirk 009-2.jpg could not be
    > opened, because an unknown error occurred.
    >
    > Try saving to disk first and then opening the file."
    >
    > This happens for all kinds of (simple) attachements and does not seem
    > to depend on the Zone Alarm suite (disabling that did not change the
    > behaviour).
    >
    > This problem rose just after the upgrade. I have tried to uninstall
    > and do a fresh install, but it did not change things.

    Also see:
    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Uninstalling+Firefox#Removing_user_data_and_settings>

    > Any pointers, please?

    Try:
    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/unable+to+download+or+save+files#Reset_download_actions_for_all_file_types>
    With #3, close Firefox before renaming. If #3 works, then the renamed
    old mimeTypes.rdf file can be deleted.

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Mar 12, 2009