Re: Firefox 3 (on upgrade) does not open files ...

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Leonidas Jones, Mar 12, 2009.

  1. wrote:

    > I got upgraded to Firefox 3.0.7 and now I cannot open attachments
    > from within Firefox. It fails with an error message
    >
    > "C:\DOCUME~1\surendar\LOCALS~1\Temp\Dirk 009-2.jpg could not be
    > opened, because an unknown error occurred.
    >
    > Try saving to disk first and then opening the file."
    >
    > This happens for all kinds of (simple) attachements and does not seem
    > to depend on the Zone Alarm suite (disabling that did not change the
    > behaviour).
    >
    > This problem rose just after the upgrade. I have tried to uninstall
    > and do a fresh install, but it did not change things.
    >
    > Any pointers, please?
    >
    > thanks
    > jg

    I have not seen this problem. There a series of standard
    troubleshooting techniques you can follow, which are explained on this page:

    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Basic troubleshooting

    See if any of that helps, and let us know the result.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 12, 2009