Re: Firebird Java Window location screwed up -- HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Ron Hunter, Feb 8, 2004.

  1. Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter Guest

    OSIRIS wrote:

    > I am using Mozilla Firebird 0.7. I have a problem that started only a few days
    > ago. I was on a tech support site and reading a bunch of replies from various
    > people (or something like that - I forget exactly) -- suddenly one of the
    > windows opened up, not centered on the screen as the others had been, but way
    > down in the lower right hand corner with only a bit of the pane showing. I
    > could drag it into the centre and read it OK, but I don't know what caused that.
    >
    > Then, the other day, I went to techtv.com and tried to view a video and the
    > window that opened did the same thing. Over the past few days I've seen that
    > happen whenever a pane opened up. I have pop-up blocking turned on so it's not
    > a normal pop-up; probably some Javascript thingy.
    >
    > I think the first one may have somehow changed a setting somewhere but I don't
    > know where to look.

    It may be that something related to the resolution setting isn't being
    read correctly. I have a similar problem with an application on my
    wife's machine. After she runs Mozilla, loading that other application
    opens the screen off-center. Terminating the application and restarting
    it fixes the problem. Something seems to be getting left in an improper
    state.
    Ron Hunter, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Ron Hunter

    Mike Brown Guest

    On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 05:06:39 -0600, Ron Hunter <> wrote:

    >OSIRIS wrote:
    >
    >> I am using Mozilla Firebird 0.7. I have a problem that started only a few days
    >> ago. I was on a tech support site and reading a bunch of replies from various
    >> people (or something like that - I forget exactly) -- suddenly one of the
    >> windows opened up, not centered on the screen as the others had been, but way
    >> down in the lower right hand corner with only a bit of the pane showing. I
    >> could drag it into the centre and read it OK, but I don't know what caused that.
    >>
    >> Then, the other day, I went to techtv.com and tried to view a video and the
    >> window that opened did the same thing. Over the past few days I've seen that
    >> happen whenever a pane opened up. I have pop-up blocking turned on so it's not
    >> a normal pop-up; probably some Javascript thingy.
    >>
    >> I think the first one may have somehow changed a setting somewhere but I don't
    >> know where to look.
    >>

    >It may be that something related to the resolution setting isn't being
    >read correctly. I have a similar problem with an application on my
    >wife's machine. After she runs Mozilla, loading that other application
    >opens the screen off-center. Terminating the application and restarting
    >it fixes the problem. Something seems to be getting left in an improper
    >state.

    Not the same thing, I'm afraid. This happens consistently in MozillaFirebird,
    every time I use it. Thanks for pitching in.--- anyone else??
    Mike Brown, Feb 9, 2004