RE: Finding user that caused FileSystemWatcher event in Windows Servic

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lbA==?=, Feb 6, 2007.

  1. Hi

    It seems to me that the developers of .NET overlooked this important
    component of the FileSystemWatcher component control. I have tried to
    retrieve this info as well without any luck. May be we need to recomment the
    presence of this feature in .NET, and my the developers of .NET look into
    that, because its no use to receive an event that a file is being deleted
    while you cant determine who is/has deleted the file.

    Joel

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lbA==?=, Feb 6, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lbA==?=

    Bob Guest

    Is this information available in the Secuurity logs? You might need to
    enable the auditing of the file system to have the DELETE records appear

    Bob, Feb 6, 2007