Re: finding the modem manufacturer for an IBM PC

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ray Stankewitz, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 03:13:49 +0100, anthonyberet hacked out this line:

    > Hello, I have had to format an old PC as windows explorer kept crashing.
    > However, I now have a problem. I have installed win98se, but it wont install
    > the appropriate driver for the modem from the windows CD. -it says the
    > correct driver can't be found.
    > I would normally look at the internal modem to find the manufacturer and
    > then get the driver from the net, however, the old PC has a lockable case
    > and I don't have the key...
    > Does anyone know how I might find the appropriate modem-driver for this old
    > PC?
    > It is an IBM 330 Model 9GU Type 6577 -very old as I said, it only has 32mb
    > RAM and a 166mhz Pentium....
    > -The PC is pretty rubbish of course, but I want to fix it to help a friend
    > out with it.
    > Any help gratefully received.

    Just a thought....
    Try using the machine you posted on, download Aida 32 personal and it will
    diagnose the mfg. of the modem. You may have to use Winzip to span a few
    floppies to xfer the program to the old one.

    http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

    HTH,

    --
    Grandpa Ray