Re: Finding The Missing Link With The 105/2.8 VR!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jacob L, Jul 4, 2010.

  1. Jacob L

    Jacob L Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 17:46:14 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    <> wrote:

    >Haven't used this lens for a while. It still works! Anyway, I had the old
    >Schwinn out today knocking off 30-miles of rolling hills on back country
    >roads. Two of the steeper inclines kicked my ass. It comes with the
    >territory. Anyway, in my travels I had to stop to get a picture of the
    >missing link.

    Except for the fact that that chain hasn't seen even 100 yards of use. I
    put ~2500 miles on my mountain bike every spring through fall on back
    country roads. I know what a chain looks like after even one mile on those
    roads. I sincerely doubt you've ever used that bike even once.

    Lie much?

    Jacob L, Jul 4, 2010

  2. Jacob L

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Jul 3, 8:32 pm, Jacob L <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 17:46:14 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >Haven't used this lens for a while.  It still works!  Anyway, I had the old
    > >Schwinn out today knocking off 30-miles of rolling hills on back country
    > >roads.  Two of the steeper inclines kicked my ass.  It comes with the
    > >territory.  Anyway, in my travels I had to stop to get a picture of the
    > >missing link.

    > Except for the fact that that chain hasn't seen even 100 yards of use. I
    > put ~2500 miles on my mountain bike every spring through fall on back
    > country roads.

    I am very proud of you!

    I know what a chain looks like after even one mile on those
    > roads. I sincerely doubt you've ever used that bike even once.
    >
    > Lie much?

    As long as you're at it, why not find something to bitch about "LT"
    owning a Schwinn bike? That would be easy enough.

    Sheesh!

    I think that's a nice macro. The background might be a bit
    distracting, but, on a technical level, for showing off the
    capabilities of a certain lens the image kicks ass.

    Nervous Nick, Jul 4, 2010

  3. Jacob L

    Jacob L Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:02:12 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
    <> wrote:

    >On Jul 3, 8:32 pm, Jacob L <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 17:46:14 -0400, "Larry Thong"
    >>
    >> <> wrote:
    >> >Haven't used this lens for a while.  It still works!  Anyway, I had the old
    >> >Schwinn out today knocking off 30-miles of rolling hills on back country
    >> >roads.  Two of the steeper inclines kicked my ass.  It comes with the
    >> >territory.  Anyway, in my travels I had to stop to get a picture of the
    >> >missing link.

    >> Except for the fact that that chain hasn't seen even 100 yards of use. I
    >> put ~2500 miles on my mountain bike every spring through fall on back
    >> country roads.

    >I am very proud of you!
    >
    > I know what a chain looks like after even one mile on those
    >> roads. I sincerely doubt you've ever used that bike even once.
    >>
    >> Lie much?

    >As long as you're at it, why not find something to bitch about "LT"
    >owning a Schwinn bike? That would be easy enough.
    >
    >Sheesh!
    >
    >I think that's a nice macro. The background might be a bit
    >distracting, but, on a technical level, for showing off the
    >capabilities of a certain lens the image kicks ass.

    Did you forget to wear glasses too? The front and back of the links aren't
    even both in focus. That's what you get for using shallow DOF equipment for
    macro photography. DSLRs will just never cut it for decent macro
    photography--ever.

    Jacob L, Jul 4, 2010
  4. Jacob L

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Jul 3, 9:11 pm, Jacob L <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:02:12 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >On Jul 3, 8:32 pm, Jacob L <> wrote:

    > >> Except for the fact that that chain hasn't seen even 100 yards of use. I
    > >> put ~2500 miles on my mountain bike every spring through fall on back
    > >> country roads.

    > >I am very proud of you!

    > > I know what a chain looks like after even one mile on those
    > >> roads. I sincerely doubt you've ever used that bike even once.

    > >> Lie much?

    > >As long as you're at it, why not find something to bitch about "LT"
    > >owning a Schwinn bike?  That would be easy enough.

    > >Sheesh!

    > >I think that's a nice macro.  The background might be a bit
    > >distracting, but, on a technical level, for showing off the
    > >capabilities of a certain lens the image kicks ass.

    > Did you forget to wear glasses too? The front and back of the links aren't
    > even both in focus. That's what you get for using shallow DOF equipment for
    > macro photography. DSLRs will just never cut it for decent macro
    > photography--ever.

    The image shows what it was intended to show (I think).

    I don't think DSLR/P/S was ever an issue until you made it so.

    And why would you care? If you can do better, then good for you!
    Show us a better photo of a bicycle chain! Or better still, just go
    away. It's better to burn out than it is to riust.

    Nervous Nick, Jul 4, 2010