Re: Finally took digital plunge

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gorham, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. Gorham

    Gorham Guest

    > I finally entered the digital photography world. After shooting a couple
    > hundred photos the last couple days, I an getting the mechanics of working
    > the camera down. I have also played with the software and am getting that
    > also . .
    >
    > I need to figure out all this photography/color/picture stuff . . . like
    > understanding white balance, saturation and other adjustments that can be
    > made with my software . . I am not looking for how do make these
    > adjustments, but something that explains why I would want to make them.
    >
    > Any websites that have this info available ???

    Yup. But some are model dependent so first tell us what camera you've
    plunged with. :)

    G.

    Gorham, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Gorham

    Wayne P Guest

    Canon 10D . . . . Mainly because I already owned Canon Rebel and a couple of
    lenses that I can make use of.

    wayne

    Wayne P, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Gorham

    Gorham Guest

    Excellent choice! I'd recommend you wander over to the Rob Galbraith
    forums (http://www.robgalbraith.com/) and register for the D30/D60/10D
    forum. Excellent advice to be found there. There's also a forum on photo
    editing and well, lots of forums!

    Luminous Landscape has lots of helpful material including tutorials on
    such things as color theory: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/

    Here's a site on color management (not 10D specific):
    http://www.boscarol.com/pages/cms_eng/index.html

    Roger's got some very helpful stuff at http://www.rogercavanagh.com/

    A nice site to wander around would be http://www.canonians.com/

    Finally, you might want to think about getting the 10D short course
    which may help you translate from film to digital easier. I had the D60
    one and it was quite helpful.
    http://www.shortcourses.com/bookstore/canon/book_canon10D.htm

    HTH and welcome to a really great experience!

    Gorham

    Gorham, Jul 12, 2003
  4. Gorham

    Wayne P Guest

    Wow! Thanks for the resources. I found luminous landscape this morning and
    spent several hours reading while my wife was having our garage sale :)

    I will tackle the others also . . .

    wayne

    Wayne P, Jul 12, 2003