Re: Final Evidence: No 757 Hit The Pentagon

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alas, Babylon, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. (1aircraftQAguy) wrote in

    > (1aircraftQAguy) wrote in message
    >
    >> "Alas, Babylon" <> wrote in message

    > Any photographers in the house? Know what a wide angle lens does to
    > distant objects? Because of the wide angle lenses shape it distorts
    > distant objects and makes them look smaller, they also distorts close
    > objects and makes them look larger........
    >
    >> I won't even consider this a decent attempt at an explanation.

    > Photography 101: Scroll to the bottom of the page at the link below.
    > Read the paragraphs above and below the woodland pictures.
    >
    > http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/995/ON-CAMERA-LENS/optica
    > l-zoom.html

    This is a ridiculous attempt at explaining why the "757" was nowhere as
    tall or long as a real 757. Camera lenses do not shrink planes physically.

    No 757 Hit The Pentagon
    http://www.bedoper.com/eastman

    ASCE Report Proves No 757 Hit The Pentagon
    http://www.bedoper.com/pentagon/asce

    --
    http://BeDoper.com - BeOS and a hell of a lot more

    Virgin Message Board
    http://bedoper.com/cgi-bin/plugins/BBS/bedoper_ubb/Ultimate.cgi?
    action=intro

    Alas, Babylon, Aug 21, 2004

  2. "Alas, Babylon" <> wrote in message news:<Xns954BBB0CA989Dspamspamsnuhspam33@207.14.113.17>...
    > (1aircraftQAguy) wrote in
    >
    > > (1aircraftQAguy) wrote in message
    > >
    > >> "Alas, Babylon" <> wrote in message

    > > Any photographers in the house? Know what a wide angle lens does to
    > > distant objects? Because of the wide angle lenses shape it distorts
    > > distant objects and makes them look smaller, they also distorts close
    > > objects and makes them look larger........
    > >
    > >> I won't even consider this a decent attempt at an explanation.

    > > Photography 101: Scroll to the bottom of the page at the link below.
    > > Read the paragraphs above and below the woodland pictures.
    > >
    > > http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/995/ON-CAMERA-LENS/optica
    > > l-zoom.html
    > >

    > This is a ridiculous attempt at explaining why the "757" was nowhere as
    > tall or long as a real 757. Camera lenses do not shrink planes physically.

    You didn't happen to see how the distant trees appear smaller (shorter
    and closer together) in the wider angle pictures? That's a Mr.
    Obvious thing........ if you can't see that, I'm wasting my time.

    You remind me of the guy in the pawn shop that I sold an inch-pound
    torque wrench to. Pawn Shop Guy: "What's that Mr.?" Me: It's an
    inch-pound torque wrench. P.S. Guy: "Awwwww, you can't fool me, I know
    you can't combine inches and pounds."

    I gave up on him too.....

    1aircraftQAguy, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Alas, Babylon

    Matt Ion Guest

    > You remind me of the guy in the pawn shop that I sold an inch-pound
    > torque wrench to. Pawn Shop Guy: "What's that Mr.?" Me: It's an
    > inch-pound torque wrench. P.S. Guy: "Awwwww, you can't fool me, I know
    > you can't combine inches and pounds."
    >
    > I gave up on him too.....

    Yeah, but was it a right-handed or left-handed wrench?

    Matt Ion, Aug 21, 2004
  4. (1aircraftQAguy) wrote in

    > "Alas, Babylon" <> wrote in message
    >> (1aircraftQAguy) wrote in
    >>
    >> > (1aircraftQAguy) wrote in message

    >> > Any photographers in the house? Know what a wide angle lens does to
    >> > distant objects? Because of the wide angle lenses shape it distorts
    >> > distant objects and makes them look smaller, they also distorts close
    >> > objects and makes them look larger........

    >> > Photography 101: Scroll to the bottom of the page at the link below.
    >> > Read the paragraphs above and below the woodland pictures.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/User-Guide/995/ON-CAMERA-LENS/opt
    >> > ica l-zoom.html
    >> >

    >> This is a ridiculous attempt at explaining why the "757" was nowhere as
    >> tall or long as a real 757. Camera lenses do not shrink planes
    >> physically.

    > You didn't happen to see how the distant trees appear smaller (shorter
    > and closer together) in the wider angle pictures? That's a Mr.
    > Obvious thing........ if you can't see that, I'm wasting my time.

    That happens in all photos where distance is involved. The vertical
    stabilizer would be shrunk or distorted in the same way as the rest of the
    plane.

    There is no fuselage apparent, in proportion to the tail.

    And especially with a logo, as you claim to see.

    > You remind me of the guy in the pawn shop that I sold an inch-pound
    > torque wrench to. Pawn Shop Guy: "What's that Mr.?" Me: It's an
    > inch-pound torque wrench. P.S. Guy: "Awwwww, you can't fool me, I know
    > you can't combine inches and pounds."
    >
    > I gave up on him too.....

    Giving up sounds like your best bet.

    Alas, Babylon, Aug 21, 2004
  5. "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message news:<F_JVc.165204$M95.29896@pd7tw1no>...
    > "1aircraftQAguy" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > You remind me of the guy in the pawn shop that I sold an inch-pound
    > > torque wrench to. Pawn Shop Guy: "What's that Mr.?" Me: It's an
    > > inch-pound torque wrench. P.S. Guy: "Awwwww, you can't fool me, I know
    > > you can't combine inches and pounds."
    > >
    > > I gave up on him too.....

    > Yeah, but was it a right-handed or left-handed wrench?

    It wasn't limited to left or right...........

    1aircraftQAguy, Aug 22, 2004