Re: Files in XP &/or 9x

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Jerry, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    Are you sure that the Xp machine will be NTFS because XP came on my machine
    loaded with Fat 32.

    "TMConlon" <> wrote in message
    > A question for the assembled multitude.
    >
    > I'm considering purchasing a new laptop. The new laptop will be XP. The
    > desktops at home are 98. I also use Office 2000 Pro. I also have a copy

    of
    > Word Perfect 8 that I use for some other things.
    >
    > Obviously XP is NTFS and 98 is FAT 32.
    >
    > My question is: Under 98, can I open Office (Word, Excel, etc.) files

    that I
    > created under XP and vice versa?
    >
    > If I'm not mistaken, I can open , create, etc files under 2000 and

    transfer,

    Jerry, Jun 26, 2003

  2. Jerry

    Techie Guest

    depends on how whoever made your machine formatted the drive but normally it
    would be NTFS

    --
    Techie
    A+, Network+, MCP, MCNGP #21