Re: file transfer help...please...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jcaruso56, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. jcaruso56

    jcaruso56 Guest

    I don't have cat 5 on my old gateway,...just serial and usb ports ...I am
    still totally lost on this(2 days now).....dell customer support is a
    joke....I will probably send the computer back.....anyone have any
    suggestions ....?
    thanks....jeff

    jcaruso56, Aug 28, 2003

  2. have you tried using the USB ports to do the transfer?
    Or, even better, remove the HDD from the old machine and install it as a
    slave in the new.

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Aug 28, 2003