Re: File Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Falcon, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. Falcon

    Falcon Guest

    "S_J" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, I've got a problem which is very frustrating, MY DESKTOP uses an
    > 802.11b adapter, and my LAPTOP uses a 802.11g card, I have a 802.11b

    ROUTER,
    > I can connect to the internet with both, and I can send files through
    > programs, but File Sharing won't work properly!
    > The Desktop can enter the Laptop, But The Laptop can't enter the Desktop.
    > I have Configured my firewalls..and I have Done the wizard on both like

    5-6
    > times...
    > IT won't work! They are on the same workgroup, When I click on the

    computer
    > It Says" Contact your system administator something. Then ACCESS IS

    DENIED!"
    > Help!

    It definitely a firewall problem, if my experience is anything to go by. If
    you turn them both off, (or better still uninstall them completely) I'd be
    willing to bet that file-sharing works. After establishing sharing you can
    then fiddle with the firewall settings until you get it right.

    See: http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article64-page1.php I fixed
    mine by working through, step by step.

    --
    Falcon:
    fide, sed cui vide. (L)
    Falcon, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Falcon

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "S_J" <> wrote in message
    > My software firewalls are configured correctly, do I need to open any

    ports

    Jack, Aug 26, 2004

  3. I'm afraid linux requires a higher degree of computer literacy than WINXP.

    Edward W. Thompson, Aug 27, 2004