Re: File Extensions

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian Cryer, Sep 20, 2010.

  1. Brian Cryer

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "itsmeagain" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me how I create a file extension. I have received
    > an email ending in swf but it won't open. Instead I am getting a message
    > saying "This file does not have a program associated with it for
    > performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Option control
    > panel". I have tried to do that, but I can't get it to work.
    >
    > Grateful for any assistance.

    There are many sites out there which allow you to look up file extensions.
    My preferred is http://www.cryer.co.uk/file-types/ (but I'm biased),
    http://fileext.com is perhaps the most well know site for looking up file
    extensions (but its gone down hill IMO after being taken over). So for .swf
    see http://www.cryer.co.uk/file-types/s/swf.htm
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian