Re: FF 1.0.6 doesn't display FireFox Extensions page properly

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Moz Champion, Jul 24, 2005.

  1. Moz Champion

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion, Jul 24, 2005

  2. Moz Champion

    Z Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    >> See attached JPEG, ff106.jpg.
    >>
    >> Visit the Mozilla extensions page with FF 1.0.6, URL:
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?application=firefox&category=All
    >>

    >> Notice the overwritten extension names in the left hand column.
    >>
    >> The page displays properly in IE.

    > Appears just fine here.

    Scroll down to the 1st extension: A's Yahoo! Mail Notifier.

    Between the Install box and the Extension name, I see :

    "Last Update July 22 ,..." and "48KB" overwrite each other

    Also, "Rating..." and "For Firefox..." are similarly
    combined/overwritten.

    Test size is set to Normal. I've also tried Increase and Decrease text
    size and neither helped.

    This is on Windows XP Pro, FF 1.0.6.

    Z, Jul 24, 2005

  3. Moz Champion

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:18:33 -0700, Z wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >>> See attached JPEG, ff106.jpg.
    >>>
    >>> Visit the Mozilla extensions page with FF 1.0.6, URL:
    >>> https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?application=firefox&category=All
    >>>

    >>> Notice the overwritten extension names in the left hand column.
    >>>
    >>> The page displays properly in IE.

    >> Appears just fine here.

    > Scroll down to the 1st extension: A's Yahoo! Mail Notifier.
    >
    > Between the Install box and the Extension name, I see :
    >
    > "Last Update July 22 ,..." and "48KB" overwrite each other
    >
    > Also, "Rating..." and "For Firefox..." are similarly
    > combined/overwritten.
    >
    > Test size is set to Normal. I've also tried Increase and Decrease text
    > size and neither helped.
    >
    > This is on Windows XP Pro, FF 1.0.6.

    Yep me too.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Jul 24, 2005
  4. Moz Champion

    Moz Champion Guest

    Jim Scott wrote:

    >>>Appears just fine here.

    >>Scroll down to the 1st extension: A's Yahoo! Mail Notifier.
    >>
    >>Between the Install box and the Extension name, I see :
    >>
    >> "Last Update July 22 ,..." and "48KB" overwrite each other
    >>
    >> Also, "Rating..." and "For Firefox..." are similarly
    >>combined/overwritten.
    >>
    >>Test size is set to Normal. I've also tried Increase and Decrease text
    >>size and neither helped.
    >>
    >>This is on Windows XP Pro, FF 1.0.6.

    > Yep me too.

    On the A's Yahoo! Mail Notifier
    the bottom line is

    Last Update: May 17, 2005 11:13:13pm | Downloads Last 7 Days: 2442 |
    Total Downloads: 28355 and its only 6kb

    Oh I see where you are getting your information from... the Wizz RSS
    News Reader line! That matches yours as well

    Try running in safe mode to see if its a theme or extension problem

    Moz Champion, Jul 26, 2005
  5. Moz Champion

    Z Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > Jim Scott wrote:

    >>> Scroll down to the 1st extension: A's Yahoo! Mail Notifier.
    >>>
    >>> Between the Install box and the Extension name, I see :
    >>>
    >>> "Last Update July 22 ,..." and "48KB" overwrite each other
    >>>
    >>> Also, "Rating..." and "For Firefox..." are similarly
    >>> combined/overwritten.
    >>>
    >>> Test size is set to Normal. I've also tried Increase and Decrease
    >>> text size and neither helped.
    >>>
    >>> This is on Windows XP Pro, FF 1.0.6.

    >> Yep me too.

    > On the A's Yahoo! Mail Notifier
    > the bottom line is
    >
    > Last Update: May 17, 2005 11:13:13pm | Downloads Last 7 Days: 2442 |
    > Total Downloads: 28355 and its only 6kb
    >
    > Oh I see where you are getting your information from... the Wizz RSS
    > News Reader line! That matches yours as well
    >
    > Try running in safe mode to see if its a theme or extension problem

    I'm getting a completely dfferent page now at that URL, in both regular
    and safe modes.

    Z, Jul 26, 2005
  6. Moz Champion

    Moz Champion Guest

    Z wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Jim Scott wrote:

    >>> Yep me too.

    >> On the A's Yahoo! Mail Notifier
    >> the bottom line is
    >>
    >> Last Update: May 17, 2005 11:13:13pm | Downloads Last 7 Days: 2442 |
    >> Total Downloads: 28355 and its only 6kb
    >>
    >> Oh I see where you are getting your information from... the Wizz RSS
    >> News Reader line! That matches yours as well
    >>
    >> Try running in safe mode to see if its a theme or extension problem

    > I'm getting a completely dfferent page now at that URL, in both regular
    > and safe modes.

    So there isnt a problem anymore?

    Moz Champion, Jul 26, 2005
  7. Moz Champion

    Z Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > Z wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> On the A's Yahoo! Mail Notifier
    >>> the bottom line is
    >>>
    >>> Last Update: May 17, 2005 11:13:13pm | Downloads Last 7 Days: 2442 |
    >>> Total Downloads: 28355 and its only 6kb
    >>>
    >>> Oh I see where you are getting your information from... the Wizz RSS
    >>> News Reader line! That matches yours as well
    >>>
    >>> Try running in safe mode to see if its a theme or extension problem

    >> I'm getting a completely dfferent page now at that URL, in both
    >> regular and safe modes.

    > So there isnt a problem anymore?

    How very odd ... the URL above no longer brings up the problem page, but
    I can get to the problem page with :

    Tools > Extensions > Get More Extensions > (on web page) All Extensions

    Scroll down to A's Yahoo! mail notifier. Look just above the text "A's
    Yahoo! mail notifier," and below "Install" ... see the overwritten area?

    It looks like

    Z, Jul 26, 2005
  8. Moz Champion

    Moz Champion Guest

    Z wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Z wrote:

    >>> I'm getting a completely dfferent page now at that URL, in both
    >>> regular and safe modes.

    >> So there isnt a problem anymore?

    > How very odd ... the URL above no longer brings up the problem page, but
    > I can get to the problem page with :
    >
    > Tools > Extensions > Get More Extensions > (on web page) All Extensions
    >
    > Scroll down to A's Yahoo! mail notifier. Look just above the text "A's
    > Yahoo! mail notifier," and below "Install" ... see the overwritten area?
    >
    > It looks like
    >
    > "Last Update July 22 ,..." and "48KB" overwrite each other, also
    > "Rating..." and "For Firefox..."

    Thats just the point, I have never seen the overwritten area on this
    page (except for someones images of such that is).
    I am simply attempting to ascertain why you are (were?) seeing this, and
    why. I dont see the problem for example even if using the
    Tools-->Extensions <Get More Extensions> All Extensions link

    If the page appears with the overwritten portions to you, switch to Safe
    mode and return to the page, does it still show overwritten? Then,
    return to 'normal' mode (with extensions on) to see if it occurs then as
    well. Dependent on the results you see with this, it will point to an
    extension problem or rule them out as it were.

    Moz Champion, Jul 26, 2005
  9. Moz Champion

    Z Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > Z wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> So there isnt a problem anymore?

    >> How very odd ... the URL above no longer brings up the problem page,
    >> but I can get to the problem page with :
    >>
    >> Tools > Extensions > Get More Extensions > (on web page) All Extensions
    >>
    >> Scroll down to A's Yahoo! mail notifier. Look just above the text
    >> "A's Yahoo! mail notifier," and below "Install" ... see the
    >> overwritten area?
    >>
    >> It looks like
    >>
    >> "Last Update July 22 ,..." and "48KB" overwrite each other, also
    >> "Rating..." and "For Firefox..."

    > Thats just the point, I have never seen the overwritten area on this
    > page (except for someones images of such that is).
    > I am simply attempting to ascertain why you are (were?) seeing this, and
    > why. I dont see the problem for example even if using the
    > Tools-->Extensions <Get More Extensions> All Extensions link
    >
    > If the page appears with the overwritten portions to you, switch to Safe
    > mode and return to the page, does it still show overwritten? Then,
    > return to 'normal' mode (with extensions on) to see if it occurs then as
    > well. Dependent on the results you see with this, it will point to an
    > extension problem or rule them out as it were.

    That area appears overwritten in Safe Mode, too.

    Z, Jul 26, 2005
  10. Moz Champion

    Moz Champion Guest

    Z wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Z wrote:

    >>> How very odd ... the URL above no longer brings up the problem page,
    >>> but I can get to the problem page with :
    >>>
    >>> Tools > Extensions > Get More Extensions > (on web page) All Extensions
    >>>
    >>> Scroll down to A's Yahoo! mail notifier. Look just above the text
    >>> "A's Yahoo! mail notifier," and below "Install" ... see the
    >>> overwritten area?
    >>>
    >>> It looks like
    >>>
    >>> "Last Update July 22 ,..." and "48KB" overwrite each other, also
    >>> "Rating..." and "For Firefox..."

    >> Thats just the point, I have never seen the overwritten area on this
    >> page (except for someones images of such that is).
    >> I am simply attempting to ascertain why you are (were?) seeing this,
    >> and why. I dont see the problem for example even if using the
    >> Tools-->Extensions <Get More Extensions> All Extensions link
    >>
    >> If the page appears with the overwritten portions to you, switch to
    >> Safe mode and return to the page, does it still show overwritten?
    >> Then, return to 'normal' mode (with extensions on) to see if it occurs
    >> then as well. Dependent on the results you see with this, it will
    >> point to an extension problem or rule them out as it were.

    > That area appears overwritten in Safe Mode, too.

    Hmmm, okay, that seems to eliminate an extension or theme issue.
    Have you made any tweaks to the prefs.js (about:config) or chrome files?
    Is javascrpt enabled? Is java enabled?

    Moz Champion, Jul 26, 2005
  11. Moz Champion

    Z Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > Z wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion wrote:

    >>> Thats just the point, I have never seen the overwritten area on this
    >>> page (except for someones images of such that is).
    >>> I am simply attempting to ascertain why you are (were?) seeing this,
    >>> and why. I dont see the problem for example even if using the
    >>> Tools-->Extensions <Get More Extensions> All Extensions link
    >>>
    >>> If the page appears with the overwritten portions to you, switch to
    >>> Safe mode and return to the page, does it still show overwritten?
    >>> Then, return to 'normal' mode (with extensions on) to see if it
    >>> occurs then as well. Dependent on the results you see with this, it
    >>> will point to an extension problem or rule them out as it were.

    >> That area appears overwritten in Safe Mode, too.

    > Hmmm, okay, that seems to eliminate an extension or theme issue.
    > Have you made any tweaks to the prefs.js (about:config) or chrome files?
    > Is javascrpt enabled? Is java enabled?

    No tweaks in about:config that I remember. Certainly none since 1.0.6
    was installed.

    Tools > Options > Web Features
    Javascript enabled, Change Images is the only item allowed.
    Enable Java is checked
    Java version: Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_02-b09)

    Z, Jul 27, 2005
  12. Moz Champion

    Moz Champion Guest

    Z wrote:
    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> Z wrote:

    >>> That area appears overwritten in Safe Mode, too.

    >> Hmmm, okay, that seems to eliminate an extension or theme issue.
    >> Have you made any tweaks to the prefs.js (about:config) or chrome files?
    >> Is javascrpt enabled? Is java enabled?

    > No tweaks in about:config that I remember. Certainly none since 1.0.6
    > was installed.
    >
    > Tools > Options > Web Features
    > Javascript enabled, Change Images is the only item allowed.
    > Enable Java is checked
    > Java version: Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_02-b09)

    What text size are you using?

    While viewing the pages with overwritten areas, try

    View-->Text Size-->Normal

    does that have any effect?

    Moz Champion, Jul 28, 2005