Re: FEELIN' FROGGY WITH THE D60 !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >http://members.aol.com/annika1980/froggy.jpg
    >>
    >>Is that thing alive? Looks like it has a broken neck to me.

    >I've never seen a frog pose on a blue sheet of paper before
    >either.....usually they are sitting on a canal bank, dangling on a
    >hook or snuggled up against hush puppies.

    I assure you that the tree frog was very much alive (when I took the pic anyway
    .... hah, hah).

    The blue sheet of paper you see is actually the tinted window of our pro shop
    with the blue sky reflecting in the window. I thought it was a pretty cool
    background. I tried one with clouds in the background, but that one didn't
    work as well.
    http://members.aol.com/annika1980/frog2.jpg

    Annika1980, Jul 13, 2003

  2. (Annika1980) wrote in news:20030712211955.23663.00000260
    @mb-m24.aol.com:

    > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/frog2.jpg

    Just curious (not being familiar with this kind of frog).
    Is it common that the frog is so passive that you can
    put it wherever you want and is it common that this
    kind of frog tilts its head 90 degrees like that. Sure
    looks to me that it has some kind of problems - not
    feeling so well.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 13, 2003

  3. Annika1980

    Neil Bell Guest

    On 13 Jul 2003 08:11:50 GMT, Roland Karlsson
    <> wrote:

    > (Annika1980) wrote in news:20030712211955.23663.00000260
    >@mb-m24.aol.com:
    >
    >> http://members.aol.com/annika1980/frog2.jpg

    >Just curious (not being familiar with this kind of frog).
    >Is it common that the frog is so passive that you can
    >put it wherever you want and is it common that this
    >kind of frog tilts its head 90 degrees like that. Sure
    >looks to me that it has some kind of problems - not
    >feeling so well.
    >

    >Roland

    Just for the record, that is normal for this frog - scientific name is
    "Hyla cinerea". They are passive in the daytime, active at night.
    Common in the southeastern US

    Neil Bell (biologist)
    Neil Bell

    For e-mail replies remove the "notreally."

    |------------------------------------------------------|
    |"The greatest peril faced by all people is a failure |
    | to question and challenge religious dogma" |
    |------------------------------------------------------|

    Neil Bell, Jul 13, 2003
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: Neil Bell

    >>Is it common that the frog is so passive that you can
    >>put it wherever you want and is it common that this
    >>kind of frog tilts its head 90 degrees like that. Sure
    >>looks to me that it has some kind of problems - not
    >>feeling so well.
    >>

    >>Roland

    >Just for the record, that is normal for this frog - scientific name is
    >"Hyla cinerea". They are passive in the daytime, active at night.
    >Common in the southeastern US
    >
    >Neil Bell (biologist)

    Glad you answered that cause I don't know squat about frogs. Somebody stuck
    him on the window and I just shot him until he jumped off.

    Annika1980, Jul 13, 2003
  5. Annika1980

    Charlie D Guest

    (Annika1980) wrote:

    > I just shot him until he jumped off.

    Hearty little devil!

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

    Charlie D, Jul 13, 2003
  6. Roland Karlsson <> wrote in message news:<Xns93B767BFA627rolandkarlssonchello@130.133.1.4>...
    > (Annika1980) wrote in news:20030712211955.23663.00000260
    > @mb-m24.aol.com:
    >
    > > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/frog2.jpg

    > Just curious (not being familiar with this kind of frog).
    > Is it common that the frog is so passive that you can
    > put it wherever you want and is it common that this
    > kind of frog tilts its head 90 degrees like that. Sure
    > looks to me that it has some kind of problems - not
    > feeling so well.
    >

    > Roland

    Frogs slowly climb up the windows around my house too, and, yes, they
    just sit there looking at you.

    Frank

    Frank Ehrlich, Jul 13, 2003
  7. (Frank Ehrlich) wrote in

    > Frogs slowly climb up the windows around my house too, and, yes, they
    > just sit there looking at you.

    Strange :) Here in Sweden all frogs are rather quick
    and tries to avoid human contact as best as they can.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jul 13, 2003
  8. Annika1980

    badgerfish Guest

    Maybe they mistook Anni for another frog !!!

    badgerfish, Jul 14, 2003
  9. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 7/14/03 2:57 PM, in article bev1ql$l9r$,
    "badgerfish" <> wrote:

    > Maybe they mistook Anni for another frog !!!

    Hey badge!
    Now that's just being tasteless!
    LOL!!!!

    George Kerby, Jul 14, 2003