Re: Feedback

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by John Barnes, May 9, 2005.

  1. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    I would try downloading a fresh set of drivers from the one of the sites
    Charlie gave you in his earlier post and at least start the reinstall of x64
    to see if it sees your sata drives. I have 4 sata drives, but my boot
    drive(per disk management) is (2)(1) while my boot.ini being used by boot
    loader is the one on (0)(1) . The boot drive per disk management is (0)(1)
    while the boot.ini being used is on (2)(0). How are your drives listed
    when you map them in Recovery Console? Mine are different in the two places
    and the one that controls the boot on mine is the Recovery Console order,
    which matches the drive order on the motherboard. Putting the boot.ini on
    your 0 drive 1 partition per recovery console may help you boot properly,
    regardless of what shows as the boot drive in Disk Management.

    "Christian Hougardy (MS MVP XP)" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    John Barnes, May 9, 2005

  2. John Barnes wrote:
    > I would try downloading a fresh set of drivers from the one of the
    > sites Charlie gave you in his earlier post and at least start the
    > reinstall of x64 to see if it sees your sata drives. I have 4 sata
    > drives, but my boot drive(per disk management) is (2)(1) while my
    > boot.ini being used by boot loader is the one on (0)(1) . The boot
    > drive per disk management is (0)(1) while the boot.ini being used is
    > on (2)(0). How are your drives listed when you map them in Recovery
    > Console? Mine are different in the two places and the one that
    > controls the boot on mine is the Recovery Console order, which
    > matches the drive order on the motherboard. Putting the boot.ini on
    > your 0 drive 1 partition per recovery console may help you boot
    > properly, regardless of what shows as the boot drive in Disk
    > Management.

    Hi John,

    it's working right now, it was a sata connector problem.
    Thank you very much for your help.

    Best regards

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 9, 2005