Re: FDISK VOLUME LABEL

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by paul s, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. paul s

    paul s Guest

    paul wrote:

    > Hi guys I am trying to put an operating system M.E on a friends laptop
    > because the operating system is missing but it wont except it . I am
    > trying to format the primary partition but keeps asking for a volume
    > lable, has anyone got any idea how I could get past it I have tried enter
    > but no luck it is made by Tiny so need some kind of volume lable to fix it
    > thanks. Paul

    Boot the machine from a floppy, or the Windows CD (go for command prompt).
    Type 'dir c:' that will tell you the volume label.

    BTW are you sure that Win-ME is a wise choice? 98se is much more reliable.
    Or if the machine is upto it 2000 or XP, perhaps even Linux.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/evaluation/sysreqs.asp

    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 21, 2003

  2. paul s

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    paul s wrote:

    > paul wrote:
    >

    > Boot the machine from a floppy, or the Windows CD (go for command prompt).
    > Type 'dir c:' that will tell you the volume label.
    >
    > BTW are you sure that Win-ME is a wise choice? 98se is much more reliable.
    > Or if the machine is upto it 2000 or XP, perhaps even Linux.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/evaluation/sysreqs.asp

    It's nice to know that you're psychic and know what kind of laptop it is
    and all of the hardware in it.

    If the system had ME on it I would stick with ME.
    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 21, 2003