Re: Faulty PC power button

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Christopher Range, Feb 25, 2006.

  1. Dave Hardenbrook wrote:

    > One of my clients has a PC with a power button that sticks, so that when
    > you push it in to power up, it sticks in the "pushed in" position, so
    > that after a couple of seconds it sends a power-off signal and shuts the
    > system down, even before the POST completes.
    >
    > The short-term solution is to pull the button back up with the
    > fingernails before the system shuts itself down, but this is to say the
    > least awkward. It there a way to clear out whatever gunk might be
    > trapped in there and making the button stick, or is the only practicable
    > remedy to transfer the whole system into a new chassis? (Which wouldn't
    > be a big tragedy as the current case is one of the cheap, flakey,
    > flesh-cutting variety.)
    >
    > --
    > Dave

    Dave, While I most certainly agree with those that have mentioned
    taking, the cover of the case off, I am wondering, if the button is,
    somehow, bent, thereby, preventing the button from coming back out, when
    you press it?

    Christopher

    Christopher Range, Feb 25, 2006