Re: fastvoip.com

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Graham., May 16, 2011.

  1. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Anyone tried this for making cheap phonecalls they appear to have an 0800 number and free calls to uk numbers for 3 months when
    > you deposit £10. No need to use a computer other than to sign up
    >
    > Stephen

    Interesting this.
    I spy a Betamax clone, 'Tulp Solutions' yet another trading name.
    http://backsla.sh/betamax includes it, but
    http://progx.ch/home-voip-prixbetamax-3-1-1.html does not

    3.3p/m to a UK mobile is better than I currently get from Smartvoip

    so I will switch providing I can use PayPal, it's not giving me that option,
    even though it says it is offered here http://www.fastvoip.com/en/payment

    Although I am used to navigating Betamax sites, I cannot find details
    of their FUP regarding the "free" calls.

    This
    http://freevcalls.blogspot.com/2011/04/fastvoip-offers-free-calls-to-india.html
    suggests it's the usual 90 "freedays"

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 16, 2011

  2. Graham.

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 16 May 2011 19:56:21 +0100, Graham. wrote:

    > "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone tried this for making cheap phonecalls they appear to have an
    >> 0800 number and free calls to uk numbers for 3 months when you deposit
    >> £10. No need to use a computer other than to sign up
    >>
    >> Stephen

    > Interesting this.
    > I spy a Betamax clone, 'Tulp Solutions' yet another trading name.
    > http://backsla.sh/betamax includes it, but
    > http://progx.ch/home-voip-prixbetamax-3-1-1.html does not
    >
    > 3.3p/m to a UK mobile is better than I currently get from Smartvoip
    >
    > so I will switch providing I can use PayPal, it's not giving me that
    > option, even though it says it is offered here
    > http://www.fastvoip.com/en/payment
    >
    > Although I am used to navigating Betamax sites, I cannot find details of
    > their FUP regarding the "free" calls.
    >
    > This
    > http://freevcalls.blogspot.com/2011/04/fastvoip-offers-free-calls-to-

    india.html
    > suggests it's the usual 90 "freedays"

    Their reseller site specifically states that it is NOT a Betamax company,
    together with a rather cheeky comment.
    QUOTE
    Are you affiliated to Betamax/Dellmont?
    No. We believe in a stable service with good customer support.
    UNQUOTE
    No indication as to how many free minutes are available during the free
    period.

    Brian A, May 16, 2011

  3. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message news:SXhAp.4108$2...
    > On Mon, 16 May 2011 19:56:21 +0100, Graham. wrote:
    >
    >> "Stephen Hammond" <> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone tried this for making cheap phonecalls they appear to have an
    >>> 0800 number and free calls to uk numbers for 3 months when you deposit
    >>> £10. No need to use a computer other than to sign up
    >>>
    >>> Stephen

    >> Interesting this.
    >> I spy a Betamax clone, 'Tulp Solutions' yet another trading name.
    >> http://backsla.sh/betamax includes it, but
    >> http://progx.ch/home-voip-prixbetamax-3-1-1.html does not
    >>
    >> 3.3p/m to a UK mobile is better than I currently get from Smartvoip
    >>
    >> so I will switch providing I can use PayPal, it's not giving me that
    >> option, even though it says it is offered here
    >> http://www.fastvoip.com/en/payment
    >>
    >> Although I am used to navigating Betamax sites, I cannot find details of
    >> their FUP regarding the "free" calls.
    >>
    >> This
    >> http://freevcalls.blogspot.com/2011/04/fastvoip-offers-free-calls-to-

    > india.html
    >> suggests it's the usual 90 "freedays"

    > Their reseller site specifically states that it is NOT a Betamax company,
    > together with a rather cheeky comment.
    > QUOTE
    > Are you affiliated to Betamax/Dellmont?
    > No. We believe in a stable service with good customer support.
    > UNQUOTE
    > No indication as to how many free minutes are available during the free
    > period.

    sip.fastvoip.com resolves to a different address than the Betamax domains,
    (but it's interesting that it's in the form SIP DOT etc.)

    Also the username database is common to the Betamax brands, by that
    I mean if you register wibble on smartvoip and try to register the same name
    on smslisto it won't let you.

    Fastvoip does appears to have a separate username database,
    it also requires at least 6 characters in the password, the others require fewer, four I think.

    No mention of Ferrania when you run the softphone installer,
    in fact, some of the DLLs are by Nokia.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 17, 2011
  4. Graham.

    Soruk Guest

    On 2011-05-16, Brian A <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 May 2011 19:56:21 +0100, Graham. wrote:
    >
    >> Interesting this.
    >> I spy a Betamax clone, 'Tulp Solutions' yet another trading name.
    >> http://backsla.sh/betamax includes it, but
    >> http://progx.ch/home-voip-prixbetamax-3-1-1.html does not
    >>
    >> 3.3p/m to a UK mobile is better than I currently get from Smartvoip
    >>
    >> so I will switch providing I can use PayPal, it's not giving me that
    >> option, even though it says it is offered here
    >> http://www.fastvoip.com/en/payment
    >>
    >> Although I am used to navigating Betamax sites, I cannot find details of
    >> their FUP regarding the "free" calls.
    >>
    >> This
    >> http://freevcalls.blogspot.com/2011/04/fastvoip-offers-free-calls-to-

    > india.html
    >> suggests it's the usual 90 "freedays"

    > Their reseller site specifically states that it is NOT a Betamax company,
    > together with a rather cheeky comment.
    > QUOTE
    > Are you affiliated to Betamax/Dellmont?
    > No. We believe in a stable service with good customer support.
    > UNQUOTE
    > No indication as to how many free minutes are available during the free
    > period.

    I also can't find any indication of how much the free destinations are after
    the free days expire.

    International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/

    Soruk, May 21, 2011