    top of your list.

    --

    Jörg Preddimann

    J?rg Preddimann, Jul 12, 2004

  2. J?rg Preddimann

    Sparrow Guest

    "J?rg Preddimann" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The Sigma SD10 is unbeatable in terms of performance speed, image
    > quality, software, and optics. This camera should clearly be at the
    > top of your list.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Jörg Preddimann

    Bull.

    Sparrow, Jul 12, 2004

  3. J?rg Preddimann

    adm Guest

    Rubbish

    adm, Jul 12, 2004
  4. J?rg Preddimann

    reg-john Guest

    jsut a qeustion that cant hurt consdiering you guys have already replied:

    why do you guys keep responding to george? is it compulsion?

    reg-john, Jul 12, 2004
  5. J?rg Preddimann

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    No dcameras allowed here under 4 Mega Pixels

    Gymmy Bob, Jul 17, 2004
  6. J?rg Preddimann

    Sander Vesik Guest

    In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Gymmy Bob <> wrote:
    > No dcameras allowed here under 4 Mega Pixels

    no dcameras that don't take 35mm camera lens allowed here at all.
    Oh, and no preddi* allowed here anyways...

    --
    Sander

    +++ Out of cheese error +++

    Sander Vesik, Jul 18, 2004
  7. "Gymmy Bob" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > No dcameras allowed here under 4 Mega Pixels

    That rules out the Kodak 14c, which is only 3.3MP after color
    interpolation.

    The puny Canon 1Ds sensor only has 2.7 (unbelievably noisy) MPs after
    color interpolation.

    The monstrous SD9/SD10 sensor has 3.43 full color MPs, the most of any
    DSLR.

    George Preddy, Jul 18, 2004
  8. J?rg Preddimann

    Impmon Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:48:35 +0000 (UTC), Sander Vesik
    <> wrote:

    >no dcameras that don't take 35mm camera lens allowed here at all.
    >Oh, and no preddi* allowed here anyways...

    Would adapter ring count? Some dcamera don't have any mount but can
    take lens via adapter ring.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    Impmon, Jul 19, 2004
  9. J?rg Preddimann

    X-Ray-Wa Guest

    On 19-Jul-2004, (George Preddy) wrote:

    > That rules out the Kodak 14c, which is only 3.3MP after color
    > interpolation.
    >
    > The puny Canon 1Ds sensor only has 2.7 (unbelievably noisy) MPs after
    > color interpolation.
    >
    > The monstrous SD9/SD10 sensor has 3.43 full color MPs, the most of any
    > DSLR.

    I read a Review on these Sigma Cameras
    And they said Great sensor but in the wrong camera "Sigma"
    Sigma Letting the new Sensor chip down

    X-Ray-Wa, Jul 22, 2004
  10. X-Ray-Wa wrote:

    > On 19-Jul-2004, (George Preddy) wrote:
    >

    >>That rules out the Kodak 14c, which is only 3.3MP after color
    >>interpolation.
    >>
    >>The puny Canon 1Ds sensor only has 2.7 (unbelievably noisy) MPs after
    >>color interpolation.
    >>
    >>The monstrous SD9/SD10 sensor has 3.43 full color MPs, the most of any
    >>DSLR.

    > I read a Review on these Sigma Cameras
    > And they said Great sensor but in the wrong camera "Sigma"
    > Sigma Letting the new Sensor chip down

    Yet again - everything Preddy writes is rubbish, but not all reviews are
    much less biased (in the other direction). This month there are reviews
    of the Kodak DCS Pro SLR/c from Adam Woolfitt and John Henshall in two
    different UK photo mags. Woolfitt describes the Sigma body as inferior
    in ergonomics and focusing speed to the EOS 1DS, and also about 2/3rds
    of the weight. Henshall describes is as feeling like a Tonka toy or a
    Fisher-Price camera. There is little doubt that people who like the
    Canon control layout don't like the Sigma layout, mainly because of the
    absence of a rear thumbwheel and the use of a large top-mounted dial (in
    the same position as a traditional shutter speed dial) to do this job.
    The autofocus is also relatively slow and simple in its functions.

    However, the Sigma SD10 body does the job it is intended to do; it has a
    good shutter with a faster max speed than a *1stD, EOS 300D, 10D, Nikon
    D100, Kodak DCS Pro/n, Fuji S2 - good E-TTL type flash system comparable
    with Canon or Nikon at considerably lower cost - and some neat features
    like a wireless remote control, mirror-up operation, three-channel
    histogram and rapid viewing of RAW files from 12.5% scale to 400% (32X
    magnification), rotation tagging, last deleted image instant recovery - etc.

    If you list all the primary features of, say, a Canon 10D and then line
    up the Sigma aganst those you get a lot of ticks missing for the Sigma -
    and that is how most reviewers think. But if you list the primary
    features of the SD10, and line up another camera against it and do the
    same thing, guess what - things look the other way round. The only
    accurate way to assess cameras is to identify ALL the primary functions
    or features of every competing camera, and then tick 'em all off against
    this list, but both reviewers and advertising copywriters are incredibly
    good at doing the other way.

    David Kilpatrick, Jul 29, 2004
  11. J?rg Preddimann

    imbsysop Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:26:55 +0000 (UTC), David Kilpatrick
    <> wrote:

    >X-Ray-Wa wrote:
    >
    >> On 19-Jul-2004, (George Preddy) wrote:
    >>

    >>>That rules out the Kodak 14c, which is only 3.3MP after color
    >>>interpolation.
    >>>
    >>>The puny Canon 1Ds sensor only has 2.7 (unbelievably noisy) MPs after
    >>>color interpolation.
    >>>
    >>>The monstrous SD9/SD10 sensor has 3.43 full color MPs, the most of any
    >>>DSLR.

    >> I read a Review on these Sigma Cameras
    >> And they said Great sensor but in the wrong camera "Sigma"
    >> Sigma Letting the new Sensor chip down

    >Yet again - everything Preddy writes is rubbish, but not all reviews are
    >much less biased (in the other direction). This month there are reviews

    snip

    >If you list all the primary features of, say, a Canon 10D and then line
    >up the Sigma aganst those you get a lot of ticks missing for the Sigma -
    >and that is how most reviewers think. But if you list the primary
    >features of the SD10, and line up another camera against it and do the
    >same thing, guess what - things look the other way round. .. snip

    interesting .. how about the line up of what they are intended to do ?
    ... aka making pictures ? :)

    imbsysop, Jul 29, 2004
  12. imbsysop wrote:

    >>If you list all the primary features of, say, a Canon 10D and then line
    >>up the Sigma aganst those you get a lot of ticks missing for the Sigma -
    >>and that is how most reviewers think. But if you list the primary
    >>features of the SD10, and line up another camera against it and do the
    >>same thing, guess what - things look the other way round. .. snip

    > interesting .. how about the line up of what they are intended to do ?
    > .. aka making pictures ? :)

    Well, if you want to make pictures, the score for ALL digital cameras
    I've ever used - including the SD10 - is pretty close to 100 per cent
    successful, which is more than I can say for film!

    I've had a few unsharp images due to silly combinations of focal length
    and shutter speed; a few autofocus failures, and from all makes; far
    fewer exposure errors than you would imagine; plenty of 'me setting the
    wrong light balance' mainly in the studio leaving cameras on auto by
    mistake and having them set tungsten from the modelling lights when the
    shot was actually flash. But even those, fully recoverably from raw.

    The only digital camera I've used which failed to deliver a usable
    picture was a Samsung cheapie bought for my daughter (hopeless
    overexposure all the time). The general thing with DSLRs and prosumer
    level cameras is that they deliver the goods, without exception. Results
    vary, sharpness, noise, lens quality etc but when it comes to getting a
    usable picture I have yet to be disappointed.

    David

    David Kilpatrick, Jul 29, 2004
  13. J?rg Preddimann

    Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:02:46 +0000 (UTC), David Kilpatrick
    <> wrote:

    >The only digital camera I've used which failed to deliver a usable
    >picture was a Samsung cheapie bought for my daughter (hopeless
    >overexposure all the time). The general thing with DSLRs and prosumer
    >level cameras is that they deliver the goods, without exception. Results
    >vary, sharpness, noise, lens quality etc but when it comes to getting a
    >usable picture I have yet to be disappointed.

    You haven't tried any of those $20 pen cams? No matter which brand I
    tried, they all are always out of focus. And since it's fixed focus,
    it's obviously quality issues. But then again, you get what you pay
    for. :p

    I rarely ran into problem with decent cameras. My Cybershot P-30
    consistiently have autofocus and optic zoom problem but that's because
    it had been used heavily for about 2 years (estimated 10,000 shots)
    and had been dropped countless times. It's already more than paid
    itself off when compared to the cost of film, developing and
    processing. Not to mention lots of space for negatives and pictures
    vs a tiny 1"x3"x5" space for hard drive holding millions shot or more.

    My current cam, Kodak DX6340 had only one problem. Dunno what
    happened but it just shut down right after I took a picture., I had
    to turn it off and then back on to get it working and the one shot I
    took wasn't useable at all. It showed as zero byte file when I
    downloaded to my PC. I think I bumped it, causing the battery to
    break contact momentarily. I also had a few double exposure-esque
    shots but that was from setting shutter delay and not using tripod.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    Impmon, Jul 29, 2004
  14. Even the cheap SD9 sells for more than the Digital Rebel. I think Sigma
    could do better it cut the price of it's cameras to $500 and marketed them
    as economy Digital SLRs.

    Paul Riemerman

    Paul Riemerman, Jul 29, 2004