Re: FAO slylittlei !!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rifleman, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. rifleman

    rifleman Guest

    In news:bd2pk7$3gd$,
    DaveG <> addressed his navel and typed:
    > Bristol?
    >
    > Yeah,Bristol holds many dear memories.
    > WTF was the name of that pub(not far from the Sus' Bridge we
    > played??),one of those Frog+Firkin places or something.
    > Anyway,the "civil engineering" in Bristol is great!!??
    > My mate stayed in a Mansion,set in a botanical garden,loaned to the
    > Campus,that was beautiful(West of the Sus' Bridge,we let flares off
    > from the tower of the place,ya could see them for miles!).
    > Played a mad little festival(in a car park Nr Montpellier).
    > "what do you waanrt with yorrrrr burrrgerrr"-LMAO!
    > Montpellier.
    > Anywhere with a Montpellier is F**** great by me,been to them
    > both(?)And love 'em just the same.

    Bristol? Bristol? Shaggin awful bloody place. I know, I grew up there from
    1955 to 1972 when I ran away screaming to join the army 'cos I couldn't
    stand it anymore! Piss-awful beer, (Courage? God you need Courage to drink
    the stuff) Accent? Can't understand a word of it particularly if you come
    from Harrrtcliffe

    rifleman, Jun 23, 2003

  2. rifleman

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as rifleman continued:

    > In news:bd2pk7$3gd$,
    > DaveG <> addressed his navel and typed:
    >> Bristol?
    >>
    >> Yeah,Bristol holds many dear memories.
    >> WTF was the name of that pub(not far from the Sus' Bridge we
    >> played??),one of those Frog+Firkin places or something.
    >> Anyway,the "civil engineering" in Bristol is great!!??
    >> My mate stayed in a Mansion,set in a botanical garden,loaned to the
    >> Campus,that was beautiful(West of the Sus' Bridge,we let flares off
    >> from the tower of the place,ya could see them for miles!).
    >> Played a mad little festival(in a car park Nr Montpellier).
    >> "what do you waanrt with yorrrrr burrrgerrr"-LMAO!
    >> Montpellier.
    >> Anywhere with a Montpellier is F**** great by me,been to them
    >> both(?)And love 'em just the same.

    > Bristol? Bristol? Shaggin awful bloody place. I know, I grew up there
    > from 1955 to 1972 when I ran away screaming to join the army 'cos I
    > couldn't stand it anymore! Piss-awful beer, (Courage? God you need
    > Courage to drink the stuff) Accent? Can't understand a word of it
    > particularly if you come from Harrrtcliffe

    I spent one night there in a bus I owned that broke down and was left to
    rot. Trying to sleep under a flyover with a window missing in the middle of
    winter does nothing at all to endear the place.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 23, 2003

  3. rifleman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... slylittlei said:

    > ... it was rifleman , uttering these fateful
    > words:
    >> In news:bd2pk7$3gd$,
    >> DaveG <> addressed his navel and typed:
    >>> Bristol?
    >>>
    >>> Yeah,Bristol holds many dear memories.
    >>> WTF was the name of that pub(not far from the Sus' Bridge we
    >>> played??),one of those Frog+Firkin places or something.

    > Probably the Fleece & Firkin? I've played there as well, but haven't been
    > back for a while 'cos I threw up over someone's shoes last time...
    >
    >>> Anyway,the "civil engineering" in Bristol is great!!??
    >>> My mate stayed in a Mansion,set in a botanical garden,loaned to the
    >>> Campus,that was beautiful(West of the Sus' Bridge,we let flares off
    >>> from the tower of the place,ya could see them for miles!).

    > I know it well - a mate of mine stayed there too - it's on Northside Rd...
    >
    >>> Played a mad little festival(in a car park Nr Montpellier).
    >>> "what do you waanrt with yorrrrr burrrgerrr"-LMAO!
    >>> Montpellier.
    >>> Anywhere with a Montpellier is F**** great by me,been to them
    >>> both(?)And love 'em just the same.

    > Lived there for a while, in a luvverly old Ford A-series bus...Ah, fond
    > memories..!
    > Who did you play with? I probably saw them...
    >

    >> Bristol? Bristol? Shaggin awful bloody place. I know, I grew up there
    >> from 1955 to 1972 when I ran away screaming to join the army 'cos I
    >> couldn't stand it anymore! Piss-awful beer, (Courage? God you need
    >> Courage to drink the stuff) Accent? Can't understand a word of it
    >> particularly if you come from Harrrtcliffe

    > That's 'Uuuurttcliffe! Courage moved out years ago, thankfully - there's an
    > excellent local brewery (for /local/ people) called Smiles, & Bristol
    > narrowly missed being picked for the European Capital of Culture bid this
    > year - just pipped at the post by, err... all the other entrants... ;-)

    Bristol, nil points :)

    Brian H¹©, Jun 24, 2003
  4. rifleman

    slylittlei Guest

    .... it was Slumpy , uttering these fateful
    words:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as rifleman continued:
    >
    >> In news:bd2pk7$3gd$,
    >> DaveG <> addressed his navel and typed:
    >>> Bristol?

    <snip>

    > I spent one night there in a bus I owned that broke down and was left
    > to rot. Trying to sleep under a flyover with a window missing in the
    > middle of winter does nothing at all to endear the place.

    I know the feeling..! On winter mornings I used to have to break icicles off
    the ceiling if the woodburner had gone out - still at least that meant there
    was water for tea...
    My girlfriend refused to stay in it, so eventually I had to flog it & move
    in with her - sold it to an 18 year-old wannabe crusty who couldn't drive,
    for 5 times what I'd paid for it originally - Result!!! (shit, it wasn't
    /you/ was it?) ;-)

    slylittlei, Jun 24, 2003
  5. rifleman

    slylittlei Guest

    .... it was Brian H¹© , uttering these
    fateful words:
    > Errrrr...erm... slylittlei said:

    <snip>

    >> That's 'Uuuurttcliffe! Courage moved out years ago, thankfully -
    >> there's an excellent local brewery (for /local/ people) called
    >> Smiles, & Bristol narrowly missed being picked for the European
    >> Capital of Culture bid this year - just pipped at the post by,
    >> err... all the other entrants... ;-)

    > Bristol, nil points :)

    We was robbed!!! (well what do you expect from scousers...?) ;-)

    slylittlei, Jun 24, 2003
  6. rifleman

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as slylittlei continued:

    > ... it was Slumpy , uttering these fateful
    > words:
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as rifleman continued:
    >>
    >>> In news:bd2pk7$3gd$,
    >>> DaveG <> addressed his navel and typed:
    >>>>

    > <snip>
    >>
    >> I spent one night there in a bus I owned that broke down and was left
    >> to rot. Trying to sleep under a flyover with a window missing in the
    >> middle of winter does nothing at all to endear the place.

    > I know the feeling..! On winter mornings I used to have to break
    > icicles off the ceiling if the woodburner had gone out - still at
    > least that meant there was water for tea...
    > My girlfriend refused to stay in it, so eventually I had to flog it &
    > move in with her - sold it to an 18 year-old wannabe crusty who
    > couldn't drive, for 5 times what I'd paid for it originally -
    > Result!!! (shit, it wasn't /you/ was it?) ;-)

    Probably a bit after my time, this was waaay back in 86.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 24, 2003
  7. rifleman

    slylittlei Guest

    .... it was Slumpy , uttering these fateful
    words:

    >> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> I spent one night there in a bus I owned that broke down and was
    >>> left to rot. Trying to sleep under a flyover with a window missing
    >>> in the middle of winter does nothing at all to endear the place.

    >> I know the feeling..! On winter mornings I used to have to break
    >> icicles off the ceiling if the woodburner had gone out - still at
    >> least that meant there was water for tea...
    >> My girlfriend refused to stay in it, so eventually I had to flog it &
    >> move in with her - sold it to an 18 year-old wannabe crusty who
    >> couldn't drive, for 5 times what I'd paid for it originally -
    >> Result!!! (shit, it wasn't /you/ was it?) ;-)

    > Probably a bit after my time, this was waaay back in 86.

    Phew! :) It must have been about 1990 - I drove it over to what I think
    must have been the guy's Mum's house, & she counted out the readies into my
    warm & clammy paw with a pair of silver sugar tongs, while little Rodney
    jumped for joy, & I assured her it would have /no/ problem getting it's
    plate...
    I'm still haunted by the guilt...

    slylittlei, Jun 24, 2003
  8. rifleman

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as slylittlei continued:

    > ... it was Brian H¹© , uttering these
    > fateful words:
    >> Errrrr...erm... slylittlei said:
    >>

    > <snip>
    >>>
    >>> That's 'Uuuurttcliffe! Courage moved out years ago, thankfully -
    >>> there's an excellent local brewery (for /local/ people) called
    >>> Smiles, & Bristol narrowly missed being picked for the European
    >>> Capital of Culture bid this year - just pipped at the post by,
    >>> err... all the other entrants... ;-)

    >> Bristol, nil points :)

    > We was robbed!!! (well what do you expect from scousers...?) ;-)

    LOL!!!
    I still love that Batman joke a coupla weeks back...:)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 24, 2003
  9. rifleman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Slumpy said:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as slylittlei continued:
    >
    >> ... it was Brian H¹© , uttering these
    >> fateful words:
    >>> Errrrr...erm... slylittlei said:
    >>>

    >> <snip>

    >>> Bristol, nil points :)

    >> We was robbed!!! (well what do you expect from scousers...?) ;-)

    > LOL!!!
    > I still love that Batman joke a coupla weeks back...:)

    I don't recall it, so you may have to repeat ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Jun 24, 2003
  10. rifleman

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    > Errrrr...erm... Slumpy said:

    >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as slylittlei
    >> continued:
    >>
    >>> ... it was Brian H¹© , uttering these
    >>> fateful words:
    >>>>
    >>> <snip>

    >>> We was robbed!!! (well what do you expect from scousers...?) ;-)

    >> LOL!!!
    >> I still love that Batman joke a coupla weeks back...:)

    > I don't recall it, so you may have to repeat ;-)

    Doh!
    What's the difference between Batman and a Scouser ?
    Batman *can* go out without Robin.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 24, 2003
  11. rifleman

    rifleman Guest

    In news:bd9vgt$p4oun$,
    Slumpy <> addressed his navel and typed:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    >> Errrrr...erm... Slumpy said:
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as slylittlei
    >>> continued:

    >>> LOL!!!
    >>> I still love that Batman joke a coupla weeks back...:)

    >> I don't recall it, so you may have to repeat ;-)

    > Doh!
    > What's the difference between Batman and a Scouser ?
    > Batman *can* go out without Robin.

    Vomit, vomit!

    rifleman, Jun 24, 2003
  12. rifleman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Slumpy said:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    >> Errrrr...erm... Slumpy said:
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as slylittlei
    >>> continued:

    >>> LOL!!!
    >>> I still love that Batman joke a coupla weeks back...:)

    >> I don't recall it, so you may have to repeat ;-)

    > Doh!
    > What's the difference between Batman and a Scouser ?
    > Batman *can* go out without Robin.

    I shouldn't have asked, should I? ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Jun 24, 2003