Re: Fake IE sp1

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aquila Deus, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message news:<F0rad.4079$>...
    > Aquila Deus wrote:
    > > run regedit.exe
    > >
    > > Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    > >
    > > Set the data of "Version" to "6.00.2800.1106" to fake IE sp1 on XP

    > Why would this be useful?

    Some applications require IE sp1 to install. This can save your time
    (it takes less than 5sec).

    Aquila Deus, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Aquila Deus

    SleeperMan Guest

    Aquila Deus wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> Aquila Deus wrote:
    >>> run regedit.exe
    >>>
    >>> Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
    >>>
    >>> Set the data of "Version" to "6.00.2800.1106" to fake IE sp1 on XP

    >> Why would this be useful?

    > Some applications require IE sp1 to install. This can save your time
    > (it takes less than 5sec).

    Aaaa...
    now a second question apears...
    why would someone NOT install SP1..if not SP2 even?

    SleeperMan, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message news:<3FLad.4126$>...
    > Aquila Deus wrote:
    > > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message

    > >> Why would this be useful?

    > > Some applications require IE sp1 to install. This can save your time
    > > (it takes less than 5sec).

    > Aaaa...
    > now a second question apears...
    > why would someone NOT install SP1..if not SP2 even?

    because the installation of any service pack f*cks up the repair
    installation of xp cd.

    Aquila Deus, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Aquila Deus

    relic Guest

    Aquila Deus wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> Aquila Deus wrote:
    >>> "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Some applications require IE sp1 to install. This can save your time
    >>> (it takes less than 5sec).

    >> Aaaa...
    >> now a second question apears...
    >> why would someone NOT install SP1..if not SP2 even?

    > because the installation of any service pack f*cks up the repair
    > installation of xp cd.

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm

    Works fine.
    --
    Honey, you stick to the washin',
    ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'.

    relic, Oct 13, 2004
  5. Aquila Deus

    SleeperMan Guest

    Aquila Deus wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> Aquila Deus wrote:
    >>> "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Some applications require IE sp1 to install. This can save your time
    >>> (it takes less than 5sec).

    >> Aaaa...
    >> now a second question apears...
    >> why would someone NOT install SP1..if not SP2 even?

    > because the installation of any service pack f*cks up the repair
    > installation of xp cd.

    Well, if someone WOULD make regular images of a system, then someone
    wouldn't NEED any repair instalation cd, would he?
    in any case, repair function is as good as system restore---it fails when
    you need it most.

    SleeperMan, Oct 13, 2004
  6. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    "relic" <> wrote in message news:<Si0bd.5230$>...
    > Aquila Deus wrote:
    > > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message

    > >> Aaaa...
    > >> now a second question apears...
    > >> why would someone NOT install SP1..if not SP2 even?

    > > because the installation of any service pack f*cks up the repair
    > > installation of xp cd.

    > http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm
    >
    > Works fine.

    I would rather to burn more music. Besides, why should I listen to
    M$'s brainless morons to upgrade?

    Aquila Deus, Oct 13, 2004
  7. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message news:<R75bd.4188$>...
    > Aquila Deus wrote:
    > > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message

    > >> Aaaa...
    > >> now a second question apears...
    > >> why would someone NOT install SP1..if not SP2 even?

    > > because the installation of any service pack f*cks up the repair
    > > installation of xp cd.

    > Well, if someone WOULD make regular images of a system, then someone
    > wouldn't NEED any repair instalation cd, would he?

    No, I mean the repair installation in normal XP CD.

    > in any case, repair function is as good as system restore---it fails when
    > you need it most.

    Right, it just failed several days ago, the setup says something is
    wrong, then reboot, then go back to setup again (endless..), finally I
    have to reinstall xp, just to get the damned firewall back!

    Aquila Deus, Oct 13, 2004
  8. In article <>,
    (Aquila Deus) wrote:

    >I think multi-personality is good...

    It is an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "I declare the winner of that bout to be Lady Chatterly" -- Stickems

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 13, 2004
    :

    Lady Chatterly's Fucker, Oct 13, 2004
    :

    Lady Chatterly's Fucker, Oct 13, 2004
  11. Aquila Deus

    SleeperMan Guest

    "Aquila Deus" <> je napisal v sporocilo
    news: ...
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> Aquila Deus wrote:
    >> > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message

    >> > because the installation of any service pack f*cks up the repair
    >> > installation of xp cd.

    >> Well, if someone WOULD make regular images of a system, then someone
    >> wouldn't NEED any repair instalation cd, would he?

    > No, I mean the repair installation in normal XP CD.
    >
    >> in any case, repair function is as good as system restore---it fails when
    >> you need it most.

    > Right, it just failed several days ago, the setup says something is
    > wrong, then reboot, then go back to setup again (endless..), finally I
    > have to reinstall xp, just to get the damned firewall back!

    I learned hard way, too...
    i hop that now you'll install someimaging program and make a schedule for
    it, so it automatically creates images...

    SleeperMan, Oct 13, 2004
    :

    Lady Chatterly's Fucker, Oct 13, 2004
    :

    Lady Chatterly's Fucker, Oct 14, 2004
  14. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message news:<offbd.4207$>...
    > "Aquila Deus" <> je napisal v sporocilo
    > news: ...
    > > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message

    > >> Well, if someone WOULD make regular images of a system, then someone
    > >> wouldn't NEED any repair instalation cd, would he?

    > > No, I mean the repair installation in normal XP CD.
    > >
    > >> in any case, repair function is as good as system restore---it fails when
    > >> you need it most.

    > > Right, it just failed several days ago, the setup says something is
    > > wrong, then reboot, then go back to setup again (endless..), finally I
    > > have to reinstall xp, just to get the damned firewall back!

    > I learned hard way, too...
    > i hop that now you'll install someimaging program and make a schedule for
    > it, so it automatically creates images...

    Don't worry, the bad thing doesn't happen frequently.

    Aquila Deus, Oct 14, 2004
  15. Aquila Deus

    SleeperMan Guest

    Aquila Deus wrote:
    > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    >> "Aquila Deus" <> je napisal v sporocilo
    >> news: ...
    >>> "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message

    >>> No, I mean the repair installation in normal XP CD.

    >>> Right, it just failed several days ago, the setup says something is
    >>> wrong, then reboot, then go back to setup again (endless..),
    >>> finally I have to reinstall xp, just to get the damned firewall
    >>> back!

    >> I learned hard way, too...
    >> i hop that now you'll install someimaging program and make a
    >> schedule for it, so it automatically creates images...

    > Don't worry, the bad thing doesn't happen frequently.

    I strongly hope so...

    SleeperMan, Oct 14, 2004

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Flash cooked chef's pubic hairs and giant garden slug penis vinaigrette
    marinated aside decomposed used cat litter chips and garlic conserve
    garnished with baked earwax balls and tick offal dressing scorched with
    fermented human armpit hairs and sheep belly marinade salted aside seared
    used tampons and haddock buttock seasoning accentuated with putrefied
    cadaver foreskins and maggot stomach compote, dished up in a turbid pot
    containing dried croutons of bamboo in fruit juice, a side of sweetbread and
    a glass of rancid intestine juice.

    Lord Courtney Murdstock-Hanningham, Oct 15, 2004

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Flash cooked flea genitalia with turnip marinade smothered in fricasseed
    discarded douchebags and pig gonad preserve complemented by roasted earwax
    balls and bull spew garnish salted on top of tainted tapeworm gumboil and
    vermin cyst vinaigrette, arranged in a congealing saucepan filled with
    flavourless specks of green pepper in fetid unidentified slop, a side of
    olives and a can of llama vein broth.

    Lord Albert Cuggleway-Sigglehudge, Oct 15, 2004

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Flash cooked camel kidney stones skewered on top of fondued live rat embryos
    and gerbil gumboil sauce, cooked in a bubbling mug overflowing with
    expensive scraps of corn and onion in salt water, a side of chips and a
    gallon of pus.

    Lord Eaton Dremmerhood-Blodgetere, Oct 15, 2004
  19. Aquila Deus

    Aquila Deus Guest

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message news:<trsbd.4244$>...
    > Aquila Deus wrote:
    > > "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Aquila Deus" <> je napisal v sporocilo
    > >> news: ...

    > >> I learned hard way, too...
    > >> i hop that now you'll install someimaging program and make a
    > >> schedule for it, so it automatically creates images...

    > > Don't worry, the bad thing doesn't happen frequently.

    > I strongly hope so...

    Don't you trust windows?

    Aquila Deus, Oct 15, 2004

    --
    Lunch was nice;

    Barbequed dead animals and foreskin vinaigrette complemented by spoiled frog
    adenoid with corn sauce, arranged in a turbid pail with a slew of well-done
    cherry tomato, spicy specks of lobster and pork, pistachio nut broth, a side
    of crackers and a container of rodent bile.

    Lord Abbott Sussleway-Sonderchick, Oct 15, 2004