    me a good dump.

    Thanks

    Sumesh

    sumeshmcp, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Sure, justify it by cheating. Why not?

    --
    Peace,
    Keith Nicholson, MCT, MCSD, MCAD

    Keith Nicholson, Aug 28, 2003

  3. sumeshmcp

    Jamie Guest

    John s:
    what u have described there John is the technical utopia!!

    By the sounds of it, you work at a very successful software house and
    good luck to you. If i started a company, i would want to hire the
    best people coming in, people that could adapt, learn quickly etc etc.

    The point i am simply trying to get across is that most places are
    nowhere near as organised as that. I wish they were, then you wouldnt
    hear about project costs rising, and projects failing all over the
    place (and maybe there would be more jobs out there!)

    You would also not have all the idiots saturating the market, by doing
    a 1 years Masters IT conversion course, or believing that they can go
    on a 12 week training course and then get a job as a programmer. Too
    many companies have weak hiring processes, or will hire people just
    because they are cheap.

    I know, i know.... YOUR company wouldnt hire these kind of people, and
    quite right too! all i am saying is that there are a lot of these
    people around, and they get hired.

    >My company expects the grads they take on to be able to correctly

    model
    >basic systems using UML taking use cases and producing the static and
    >dynamic views of the system. Where I work it is vital that people are
    >versatile and able adapt; as an example you will always be working on

    more
    >than one project, oftn doing different roles. If not, it means the

    company
    >is going down the drain becouse there is no work and no one wants our
    >products. In other words, we simply could not afford to have people

    standing
    >around waiting for 'someone to sign of the requirements

    specification'.

    >As far as detemining the 'most appropriate' technologies and

    approaches to
    >take, of couse only senior people make the top decisions. For us,

    this is
    >always undertaken by the technical project lead and other experienced

    people
    >(both from the technical and business area domains) in conjunction

    with the
    >customer. The customer(s) would soon dump you if you sent a grunt to

    do
    Jamie, Aug 29, 2003
  4. sumeshmcp

    john smith Guest

    If you really need a good dump, try adding extra fiber to your diet.

    john smith, Sep 6, 2003
  5. ROFL... that's the best one I've heard in a long time!

    Perhaps he should try http://www.metamucil.com. I hear they have good dumps
    that he might find useful during his long stretches of hard studying <g>.

    Leigh Kendall, Sep 6, 2003