Re: Factoid du jour...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, May 5, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 5/5/2010 9:34 AM, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    > Things To Think About:
    >
    > "BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal
    > candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their
    > money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive
    > Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company's
    > political action committees” $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from
    > BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals."
    >
    > http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/05/05-2
    >
    > Hmmmm...

    Guess they knew a good thing when they saw it.
    Hmmmm...

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, May 5, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 5/5/2010 3:19 PM Just to please his super-ego, §nühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 5/5/2010 9:34 AM, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >>> Things To Think About:
    >>>
    >>> "BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal
    >>> candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their
    >>> money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive
    >>> Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company's
    >>> political action committees” $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from
    >>> BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals."
    >>>
    >>> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/05/05-2
    >>>
    >>> Hmmmm...
    >>>

    >> Guess they knew a good thing when they saw it.
    >> Hmmmm...
    >>

    > It fully supports my previous assertion with "Whiskers".
    >
    > Money
    > Money
    > Money
    >
    > <nods>

    Yes, but you get all emotionally involved with all this shit, and is
    absolutely nothing that you can say or do that will contribute to things
    being any different than they are. Sit back relax and enjoy the ride as
    we spin at 24,000 MPH through space. Just think of the magic in it all,
    no one flies off.

    OldGringo38, May 5, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    > On 5/5/2010 3:19 PM Just to please his super-ego, §nühw¤£f wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:

    >>> Guess they knew a good thing when they saw it.
    >>> Hmmmm...
    >>>

    >> It fully supports my previous assertion with "Whiskers".
    >>

    > Yes, but you get all emotionally involved with all this shit, and is
    > absolutely nothing that you can say or do that will contribute to
    > things being any different than they are. Sit back relax and enjoy
    > the ride as we spin at 24,000 MPH through space. Just think of the
    > magic in it all, no one flies off.

    This is still the best way to say that IMHO:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF0SY

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, May 6, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 5/5/2010 6:32 PM Just to please his super-ego, chuckcar wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38<> wrote in
    >
    >> On 5/5/2010 3:19 PM Just to please his super-ego, §nühw¤£f wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> It fully supports my previous assertion with "Whiskers".
    >>>

    >> Yes, but you get all emotionally involved with all this shit, and is
    >> absolutely nothing that you can say or do that will contribute to
    >> things being any different than they are. Sit back relax and enjoy
    >> the ride as we spin at 24,000 MPH through space. Just think of the
    >> magic in it all, no one flies off.
    >>

    > This is still the best way to say that IMHO:
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF0SY

    Fun <g>

    OldGringo38, May 6, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 5/5/2010 7:55 PM Just to please his super-ego, §nühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 5/5/2010 3:19 PM Just to please his super-ego, §nühw¤£f wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> It fully supports my previous assertion with "Whiskers".
    >>>
    >>> Money
    >>> Money
    >>> Money
    >>>
    >>> <nods>
    >>>

    >> Yes, but you get all emotionally involved with all this shit, and is
    >> absolutely nothing that you can say or do that will contribute to
    >> things being any different than they are. Sit back relax and enjoy the
    >> ride as we spin at 24,000 MPH through space. Just think of the magic
    >> in it all, no one flies off.
    >>

    > Well sure...you can be all "zen" and embrace nihilism but I'm going to
    > rail against the MAN. And whenever possible, stick it to him.
    >
    > One person can change things. I'd give some examples but I dont want the
    > FBI humping my leg.
    >
    > ^_^

    I know where you are coming from, I rather mow the lawn.

    OldGringo38, May 6, 2010