Re: FA - Minolta Remote Cord RC-1000S sold

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bryan Olson, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. Bryan Olson

    Bryan Olson Guest

    Webkatz wrote:

    > We have a winner!
    >
    > The Minolta Remote Cord RC-1000S has been sold in a neat, legal,

    beneficial
    > manner. Despite threats, accusations, bullying, and name calling by the
    > local volunteer constabulary - eBay holds true to its policy of

    honoring our
    > actual-honest-to-god-no-bob-atkins-bullshit-as-voted-on
    > charter(AHTGNBABAVOC), not the make-believe, un-ratified, compilation
    > document that keeps getting foisted around here. Yea eBay! Guess they

    know
    > what the *real* authority behind a newsgroup is.
    >
    > The official charter for this and other rec.photo.* groups can be

    found at
    > ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/rec.


    Got it, unzipped it, and read were it says:

    All postings made to this group should conform to existing
    Usenet guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline
    documents). This group explicitly prohibits the posting of
    commercial advertisments or other promotional material,
    whether or not it is an any way related to photography.

    The document Webkatz himself cited shows he is flat-out wrong.


    --
    --Bryan
    Bryan Olson, Aug 2, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Bryan Olson

    Steve Young Guest

    > > Webkatz wrote:
    > > We have a winner!
    > >
    > > The Minolta Remote Cord RC-1000S has been sold in a neat, legal,
    > > beneficialmanner. Despite threats, accusations, bullying, and name
    > > calling by the local volunteer constabulary - eBay holds true to its policy
    > > of honoring our actual-honest-to-god-no-bob-atkins-bullshit-as-voted-on
    > > charter(AHTGNBABAVOC), not the make-believe, un-ratified, compilation
    > > document that keeps getting foisted around here. Yea eBay! Guess they
    > > know what the *real* authority behind a newsgroup is.
    > >
    > > The official charter for this and other rec.photo.* groups can be
    > > found at
    > > ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/rec.


    > "Bryan Olson" <> wrote
    > Got it, unzipped it, and read were it says:
    >
    > All postings made to this group should conform to existing
    > Usenet guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline
    > documents). This group explicitly prohibits the posting of
    > commercial advertisments or other promotional material,
    > whether or not it is an any way related to photography.
    >
    > The document Webkatz himself cited shows he is flat-out wrong.


    How so?, as the charter specifically states "commercial". That is being 'in the
    business of'. It seems that Webkatz's message is just a personal hobbyist post
    and not in the regular business of buying and selling these items.
    Steve Young, Aug 2, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Bryan Olson

    Bryan Olson Guest

    Steve Young wrote:

    >>"Bryan Olson" <> wrote
    >>Got it, unzipped it, and read were it says:
    >>
    >> All postings made to this group should conform to existing
    >> Usenet guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline
    >> documents). This group explicitly prohibits the posting of
    >> commercial advertisments or other promotional material,
    >> whether or not it is an any way related to photography.
    >>
    >>The document Webkatz himself cited shows he is flat-out wrong.

    >
    >
    > How so?, as the charter specifically states "commercial". That is

    being 'in the
    > business of'. It seems that Webkatz's message is just a personal

    hobbyist post
    > and not in the regular business of buying and selling these items.


    Oh learn to read: "Commercial or other promotional". Only a
    deliberate mis-read could delude one into thinking promoting
    one's own auction at a commercial site is permissible.


    --
    --Bryan
    Bryan Olson, Aug 2, 2003
    #3
  4. Bryan Olson

    Steve Young Guest

    > >>"Bryan Olson" <> wrote
    > >>Got it, unzipped it, and read were it says:
    > >>
    > >> All postings made to this group should conform to existing
    > >> Usenet guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline
    > >> documents). This group explicitly prohibits the posting of
    > >> commercial advertisments or other promotional material,
    > >> whether or not it is an any way related to photography.
    > >>
    > >>The document Webkatz himself cited shows he is flat-out wrong.


    > > Steve Young wrote:
    > > How so?, as the charter specifically states "commercial". That is
    > > being 'in the business of'. It seems that Webkatz's message is
    > > just a personal hobbyist post
    > > and not in the regular business of buying and selling these items.


    > "Bryan Olson" <> wrote
    > Oh learn to read: "Commercial or other promotional". Only a
    > deliberate mis-read could delude one into thinking promoting
    > one's own auction at a commercial site is permissible.


    You need to look up the legally defined term 'commercial'

    To be honest with you, it's understood that the wording used was an
    oversight by the founders. Though what needs to be done is a current set of
    rules developed and ratified by vote of the members of this news group

    OBTW Bryan, you should consider a way to incorporate a valid email addy in
    your postings. Anonymous posting is said to be poor form.

    Steve Young
    Steve Young, Aug 3, 2003
    #4
  5. Bryan Olson

    Bryan Olson Guest

    Steve Young wrote:

    >>"Bryan Olson" wrote
    >>Oh learn to read: "Commercial or other promotional". Only a
    >>deliberate mis-read could delude one into thinking promoting
    >>one's own auction at a commercial site is permissible.

    >
    > You need to look up the legally defined term 'commercial'



    You need to read the rest of the sentence.


    --
    --Bryan
    Bryan Olson, Aug 3, 2003
    #5
  6. Bryan Olson

    John Navas Guest

    [POSTED TO rec.photo.digital - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <iQTWa.249$> on Sat, 02 Aug 2003
    18:57:18 GMT, Bryan Olson <> wrote:

    >Steve Young wrote:
    >
    > >>"Bryan Olson" <> wrote
    > >>Got it, unzipped it, and read were it says:
    > >>
    > >> All postings made to this group should conform to existing
    > >> Usenet guidelines (see news.announce.newusers for guideline
    > >> documents). This group explicitly prohibits the posting of
    > >> commercial advertisments or other promotional material,
    > >> whether or not it is an any way related to photography.
    > >>
    > >>The document Webkatz himself cited shows he is flat-out wrong.

    > >
    > > How so?, as the charter specifically states "commercial". That is being 'in the
    > > business of'. It seems that Webkatz's message is just a personal hobbyist post
    > > and not in the regular business of buying and selling these items.

    >
    >Oh learn to read: "Commercial or other promotional". Only a
    >deliberate mis-read could delude one into thinking promoting
    >one's own auction at a commercial site is permissible.


    Why is that surprising? Steve has been deliberately misreading, misstating,
    and misinterpreting all along.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas
    [PLEASE NOTE: Ads belong *only* in rec.photo.marketplace.digital, as per
    <http://bobatkins.photo.net/info/charter.htm> <http://rpdfaq.50megs.com/>]
    John Navas, Aug 4, 2003
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Webkatz
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    758
    Tom Shellberg
    Jul 17, 2003
  2. Tony Spadaro

    FA: Minolta Remote Cord RC-1000S

    Tony Spadaro, Jul 19, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    641
    WebKatz
    Jul 19, 2003
  3. Webkatz

    FA - Minolta Flash Remote Cord OC-1100

    Webkatz, Jul 23, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    1,590
    Webkatz
    Jul 25, 2003
  4. Webkatz

    Re: FA - Minolta Remote Cord RC-1000S sold

    Webkatz, Jul 30, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    340
    Webkatz
    Jul 31, 2003
  5. WebKatz

    SOLD - Minolta Flash Remote Cord OC-1100

    WebKatz, Jul 31, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    490
    John Navas
    Jul 31, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page